You Might Find This Interesting.

HARO50

I took these pictures this morning, about 1 1/2 miles from home. This guy has quite a collection of old planes and such.

DSC_0030.thumb.JPG.05156cc010b7db5cd825c0862215dda8.JPG

Hawker Hurricane in front, Supermarine Spitfire behind.

DSC_0029.thumb.JPG.a6a6a983a64c1df1800772de9ad2aedc.JPG

The spitfire, and behind....

DSC_0028.thumb.JPG.a831104beafc75823b5a6c4a1136fc90.JPG

a Messerschmitt bf109. Also, note the tank in the background.

DSC_0027.thumb.JPG.144c7ad6ba62dee3f8500272bda04ea5.JPG

And this, I believe, is a de Havilland DH98 Mosquito in the making.

The gentleman who owns  these items is retired. He and his wife run a B&B in their home, and for a hobby, he builds full-size planes, tanks, and even a submarine (It's in hid pond!). He also has a Sopwith Camel and a Fokker Triplane (red, of course!) which were in the shade, so I'll try to get a picture later. He builds these items using discarded aluminum lawn furniture and above-ground swimming pools! And you thought YOU were good at recycling?

John

Holy cow John...this is so cool and fascinating on many levels.

I'd probably be banned from his place as a suspected stalker:lol:...I'd want to be there all the time.

More pictures , YES please! Some news group or documentary group needs to make this into a complete story.

Thanks for such a GREAT post.

31 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

Man o man. If it wasn't 2300 miles away, I'd be booking a room right now. Maybe next summer. 

What a great place. Thanks for bringing it to us, John.

I may get to meet someone from TPW after all! Let me know when you're coming. :D

John

1 minute ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Probably best Gene...that will give @HARO50 plenty of time to get the basement cleaned up so he has a place to stay while you're visiting plus get your room ready, a supply of your favorite cigars & "refreshments":lol:

I'm what you call an "easy keeper". Cheeep seegars and single malt and, I'm good.

Archived