Eames Design

kmealy

First off I love that show. Secondly, thanks Keith for putting this one up. I really liked this video, two more masters of design that today we take for granted but they most definitely were cutting edge, and their designs are still sought after to this day for high fashion and custom high end homes of the rich and famous. They did not however touch very much on the solid woodworking that they designed. Masters at bent lam.

Here is a wonderful chair and ottoman with bent lam woodwork. I love these.

Thanks again Keith, nice to see profound and in-depth information on our board, after all, to understand our work, we should know where it came from.

10686613_master.jpg?width=768

7 hours ago, Cliff said:

My idiot brother in law got himself one of those 2000 dollar stressless chairs.  I've tried it.  Don't like it.  wouldn't have paid $25 for it much less 2 Grand.  I can build a more comfortable chair myself.   In fact I built 9 of 'em.

I had to go out last week and inspect one that was not working.   9 pages of diagnostics, and the controller has a many options as a smart phone. but most of boiled down to "replace the controller," or "replace the chair."   Too smart by half?