Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Smallpatch

Our Town Has A Place For All Cut Down Trees

Rate this topic

Two or three acres have been set aside for green wood and its there for anyone wanting wood for a saw mill or wood for turning.. Its all free. No help is offered so a guy would need a good winch and ramp for his trailer.

I found this place after I stopped a guy hauling a few tree trunks and ask him what he was going to do with the wood..After we talked a while he said follow me and you can get all the wood free any time you want to go get some...

Only thing helpful would be able to recognize the wood by the bark and end grain if he was to be picky....

Also speaking of mesquite pieces for lathe work.  This guy is clearing land right now of large cut down mesquite trees about three miles from where I live...He is digging the stumps with an excavator and anyone who stops has been getting all the stumps for free. The cut off trees is about 2 foot tall .He sold the trees for fire wood at 3 to 4 dollars a cord which the guys buying had to cut and load their semi trailers themselves.. so now the owner is digging up whats left and putting all that  stuff in hugh piles and burning it all...So I though if some one not from here thinks this mesquite is great stuff, just bring a semi down here and you might get to go home with a gold mine worth of mesquite....you also might get to take a few borers with you as you go or at least I hope so...

Edited by Smallpatch