Good Monday Morning Patriot Woodworkers! May 7, 2018

Good Monday Morning!

Good Monday morning Patriot Woodworkers! What did you get done over the weekend, and what have you planned for the week ahead! Inquiring minds want to know. Please tell us what's happening in your shops, your life, and any events going on with you. Thank you for being here folks!

New members

Please welcome the following members to our community.

@uglyoldfatman, @Bdavep, @Handypac

To our new members, thank you for joining us! To our existing members, please click on their names above and shoot them a welcome message.

Featured Topic

Jess, @Smallpatch, is in the midst of another artistic creation, we all know his clocks, but did you know he goes after tea pots as well? The Patriot Woodworker Community has featured Jess's topic on Facebook and Twitter and folks are interested, they are following along! Personally I cannot wait to see the finished work. If you have not seen the beginning stages yet, please read further.

Featured Image

Hans Wegner chair in Pompidou, Paris
Attribution: By ninahale [CC BY 2.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
Source: http://thepatriotwoodwiki.org/Works-Research-Portal

tiki-download_file.php?fileId=76&display

Huh, it's Monday? Who would have guessed it? Thanks for the reminder, I think?;)

Got some mowing done over the weekend w/round two today + a little done on some tool rehabs.

Normal daily stuff + summer swim program starts tonight; last regular season tennis match before Sectional week Thursday; take my step-dad & his truck to body shop for estimate (long story, but he's OK); decide path to replace my old tired now non-operational air compressor. Rest TBD...

Whatever you do, Be Safe...accidents are always looking for a place to happen:excl:

7 hours ago, John Morris said:

What did you get done over the weekend

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Major storm on Friday afternoon, 70+ MPH winds took down trees and dropped them on the power lines, ripped shingles off buildings, and blew over LOTS of board fences! Our power was off for 53 hours! But on the plus side, we only lost two shingle tabs off the roof. Already replaced. We're on a well, so no water... had to haul buckets from the fish pond to flush the toilets. The little generator had seized up since the last use, so today we're tossing whatever food spoiled in the freezer and fridge. Guess I'll pull the generator apart and see if it can be saved. Maybe just get a replacement!

John

22 minutes ago, HARO50 said:

We're on a well, so no water... had to haul buckets from the fish pond to flush the toilets.

I keep 6 or so ~2 +/-  gallon empty cat litter containers filled year around for this very purpose (no fish pond close:P). Long term outage, like you, 5500-6500W generator.

Sorry to hear about your generator and food loss...watch your Craigslist in a couple weeks or so...

Hang in there...glad everyone is safe & OK though!

image.png.58c3c8e1fc839bbf7b8d4ea9d196f506.png

6 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Huh, it's Monday? Who would have guessed it? Thanks for the reminder, I think?;)

Got some mowing done over the weekend w/round two today + a little done on some tool rehabs.

Normal daily stuff + summer swim program starts tonight; last regular season tennis match before Sectional week Thursday; take my step-dad & his truck to body shop for estimate (long story, but he's OK); decide path to replace my old tired now non-operational air compressor. Rest TBD...

Whatever you do, Be Safe...accidents are always looking for a place to happen:excl:

Dave your going to have to find that kid and his Dad, who will do the mowing for you, that is better than a HF deal.

Herb

1 hour ago, It Was Al B said:

Bought a used wood chipper today. Will handle up to 4" diameter branches.

Brand/ HP??

Let me know how it works out...I've been watching CL for a while...on my to purchase list once I pull the trigger on SS...

Be careful around that thing though...NO reaching inside the chute for any reason unless the spark plug wire is pulled.