Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
difalkner

Window Mounted Fan For Spraying Lacquer

Rate this topic

14 minutes ago, schnewj said:

Are you willing to accept the outcome and consequences of YOUR decision

of course not...

On 4/29/2018 at 2:45 PM, difalkner said:

or I blow up NW Louisiana, whichever comes first. ;)

I appreciate the fact that I can participate here - thanks for running a great forum!

I'll try to address this as respectfully and sensitive as I can David...Lord forbid this happens, but if it does, "can I have your wood stash and CNC machine?":lol::rolleyes::lol:

BTW, WE really appreciate having you participate here, sharing your knowledge, expertise and helping to make this a great forum!

We all play in our own sand boxes. Personally, I'd want a fan with a sealed motor. Sparks do happen, especially in an atmosphere where a lot of dust exists.  It only takes once.

Take every care in the world, follow every safety rule but, when it's your turn..........

Just received this news about a friend and member of our motorcycle chapter

http://foxbaltimore.com/news/local/tree-being-removed-in-anne-arundel-falls-on-motorcyclist-killing-him

On 4/29/2018 at 12:42 PM, Gerald said:

most areas do not have investigators who could even remotely determine these things

They don't need any particular qualifications.

They see something that sets them off  and they just default to whatever does the best for their employer.  The fire marshal may not agree. The Fire marshal does not have authority over the insurance company.  This can leave the homeowner with the problem of hiring the experts  suing the insurance company and spending   an unimaginable amount of money to prove them wrong in court.

And then assuming the homeowner prevails he's still gotta get paid that's more litigation.  Nobody ever opens up the check book when they lose.

It's what I do for a living. 

On 4/22/2018 at 11:00 AM, lew said:

They work great EXCEPT in a basement shop where the furnace is located in the same room. The fan creates enough airflow that it can suck furnace fumes DOWN the chimney. Don't ask how I know this!

There are explosion proof fans with protected motors. You should also check on fumes going toward your neighbors so you don't stink them out. You can use a chimney flue if you have a spare one not hooked up to anything, or you can run a flue up outside the house. There are also charcoal filters that can be used.