Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Smallpatch

I Bet Just Guessing,

1 hour ago, Gene Howe said:

As long as we're guessing, I'll guess about 2585 miles...give or take. 

Did you add in for that lead foot Texan spinning the tires in the snow?

55 minutes ago, HandyDan said:

Did you add in for that lead foot Texan spinning the tires in the snow?

Nah, I just took your 5" and extrapolated. The "give or take" should cover such contingencies.:D

I'll guess "all the way." Final answer! Do I win?

I suppose 1 light-year is too far?

Speaking of light years Fred, they say the nearest planet that could harbor people like us is 5 light years away in another galaxy. Our fastest fleet of ships going to Mars or those other little round things out there in the sky travels at something like 33,000 miles an hour....So, for any one going they better take a very large lunch and an extra gallon of fuel cause they say it would take us 17,000 years to get there. Rest areas have not been completed as of last weeks notifications so I wonder how all those strange ufo's these smart folks are reporting have made the trip.....I do know one thing , I bet a plug nickle they are not using Ford motors.

My gosh Gene, for a wild guess you are very close to the actual figure I have here in front of me....I just drove a round trip day before yesterday . I wanted to get the actual miles round trip so I turned back the odometer and I registered 5,182. I did detour a couple of times to find a, Texas Stop Sign, for some of their good ice cream, so that must be where the difference happened..

A good friend offered his wood working shop tools for free so I ran  a quickie there and back.......

Boy oh boy, driving a 4 cylinder foreign auto pulling my 18 foot tandem axle trailer some of the snow drifts were higher than the top of the car but hey I got snow tires!!! Then he tells me I didn't need the trailer for he gave the machinery away just a couple of hours before I got there.... Anyway he said he bought all the stuff new in the fall of 1914 on a Saturday about 2 in the afternoon but he couldn't remember who I was ...