Late Introduction

Hello All

Recently joined & am currently working my way through/around the site.

Thank you for having me and I hope not to embarrass myself.

Have viewed some wonderful work that the members have made & hope to someday come 1/2 way to that level

Again thanks for having me

smitty

31 minutes ago, smitty10101 said:

Recently joined & am currently working my way through/around the site...

Have viewed some wonderful work that the members have made & hope to someday come 1/2 way to that level

...Again thanks for having me

Welcome to The Patriot Woodworker Smitty. Great to have you here with us. As you're looking around, if you have any questions about the site or it's capabilities don't hesitate to ask.

We're all at different levels of knowledge and experience...that's what makes this place so great. Everyone is willing to help and to share. You are correct there are countless examples of wonderful work here shared by the members. I sure wish I was one of them too.:D

Thank-you for considering us and becoming part of the team. Looking forward to seeing and hearing about your projects and what interests you.

I hope not to embarrass myself.

Oh no worries there. Like I said, we all look for ways to help each other anyway we can:lol:

Edited by Grandpadave52

Welcome aboard smitty ! Never worry about embarrassing yourself here. The only dumb question is the question that isn't asked. You'll find some great craftsmen here and along with them, are us wanna bees. This is the best of the best sites to get your feet wet in woodworking and you'll make great friends from afar.So, grab a line, the fishing is great. Glad you found us.:D

Edited by It Was Al B

Welcome, Smitty. Embarrassment is a rare thing here. When all of the good natured kidding is thrown out, what you'll find is a lot of talented guys, and some of us hacks, that will answer any questions, provide guidance, and encourage you every step of the way.

Pull up a chair and join the fun.

Bill

43 minutes ago, schnewj said:

Pull up a chair and join the fun.

side note..

nobody suggested he fasten his seat belt...

might not be too late...

grain. The resulting wood displays a cathedral pattern on the face of the board.">ps.. sorry about the pie and ice cream...

Edited by Stick486

You're his mentor,  you should have schooled him a little better! I didn't see the offer of doughnuts or the P & I. We should NOT have to remind him, you should have informed Smitty of the initiation requirements.

What an epic fail on your part! One would thing, that, you worked for a certain three letter government group at some time in the past? :ph34r:

8 hours ago, schnewj said:

didn't see the offer of doughnuts or the P & I.

I just noticed that @Grandpadave52 and @HARO50 are suspiciously absent...

you might want to ask them about your P&I....

they've been authorised to have at my share of the donuts and now may be taking liberties w/ yur P&I as a bonus/desert/icing on the cake/just being stingy.......

Edited by Stick486

5 minutes ago, Stick486 said:

I just noticed that @Grandpadave52 and @HARO50 are suspiciously absent...

you might want to ask them about your P&I....

they've been authorised to have at my share of the donuts and now may be taking liberties w/ yur P&I as a bonus/desert/icing on the cake/or just being stingy.......

Well! In that case, "GAME ON"...