Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Cliff

Another Way To Stop Wood Checking

Rate this topic

used motor oil.  Yup  smear it on the ends. you'll have to reapply in a week or so but hey it's cheap. and it's more responsible w than what I usually do ; dump it in my neighbor's well.

Edited by Cliff

Was that the article that showed drilling a hole for the drip stick?   Now I know who was doing that to our well. But we got back at you we dumped ours on the top of your car after dark.

Herb

ahhh neighbors.

When I lives in MASS, I actually had a horribly annoying neighbor who had a rotweiler they had trained to attack people.   They let it run loose and it crapped all over my yard.  I mean all over..  So I got a shovel and collected a honkin huge pile and when they parked their convertible in their yard - - - -  yup   you guessed it.

Then I took to walking past their house at twilight and their dog would come hauling out around the house  down the drive to get me.  And of course I had my wrist rocket and a half inch  ball bearing.  Drop to a knee and let 'r rip.    And off it goes howling  back the way it came.

A few treatments like that and it stopped chasing people.

Odd how I never actually saw these people.  Just the horrors they inflicted on their neighbors.

2 hours ago, DAB said:

go away stick"

In the communist state of massassachuttes they imprison you for life for even dreaming about  one of those

Edited by Cliff
why ask?

5 hours ago, Cliff said:

used motor oil.

what about contaminating your finished product's finish???

On 4/4/2018 at 10:01 PM, Cliff said:

In the communist state of massassachuttes they imprison you for life for even dreaming about  one of those

I have yet to escape from the commonwealth, but I am on the NH border, where wuz home when you lived here?

When I delivered papers, I carried a squirt can of ammonia. Precursor to Mace. Dogs quickly learned that guys on bicycles were not to be harassed.

Cliff, It sounds like you mighta been a native. We live in Pepperell, kinda near Lancaster. I grew up in Wakefield.

Hmmm, gotta try that one - always seem to have the problem - especially when I find a good lookin log

On 4/4/2018 at 8:38 PM, Cliff said:

The ends get cut off.   Poof no contamination.

and the oil that gets on saw and what not???