Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
FastFred3

Antique DeWalt Radial Arm Saw

Rate this topic

For Sale: Classic DeWalt Radial Arm Saw (circa 1950's)

This saw belonged to my father. I no longer do any wood working since he has passed, and I thought that maybe someone on this forum would appreciate it, and get some use out of it.

It has a standard 7 1/4 inch blade. Runs fine considering it's age. Comes with the storage cabinet shown.

Local pick up only - Northfield, NJ 08225

$175. OBO - Make an offer!!!

Email: KisbyElectric@comcast.net

IMG_14807a.jpg.54e7c42e8763dc43f319018a7aa9e94c.jpg

IMG_14815a.jpg

IMG_14814a.jpg

IMG_14811a.jpg

IMG_14805a.jpg

IMG_14804a.jpg

Edited by FastFred3

@DRAGON1 is nearby, and always looking for items like this, thanks for posting!

Most folks that might be interested will know this, but that's a 9" saw. 9" blades aren't all that common anymore, that might be why it has a 7 1/4" blade on it.

Edited by Fred W. Hargis Jr

Fred, Freud makes a 9" Diablo. But, like the rest of their line, they make good discs for your tiller.:D

Were I in the vicinity, I think I'd have that RAS, though.

Edited by Gene Howe

@FastFred3...Wow, thanks for posting...If I lived closer I'd likely be a player. My first attempts at woodworking were with one just like that. Fred is correct, that is a 9" saw. Plenty of 8" blade choices out there,

My grandfather had one identical stand and all plus numerous accessories. He build a bench with the saw recessed in the middle so the saw table was flush with the bench. I think it was 8' long with panel doors and drawers out of ash with a plywood back. My dad also inherited it when grandpa passed. I helped move that thing 4x, once in/out of a basement. That thing weighed a ton. Dad sold it in the mid 70's.

Thanks for listing here...brings back some great memories. Oh yeah, love the radiator hose deflector.:lol: I think that's a NAPA part #.

BTW, Welcome to The Patriot Woodworker...glad you stopped in. Even if you're not actively woodworking anymore, join in the fun, banter and information sharing. No doubt you have numerous things to share.

I always used the Freud LU91 in the 8 1/2" size on mine, it was awesome unless you tried to rip cut...which I never do on an RAS.

As a newbie here, I must say I am impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of all of the folks here that have responded thus far. I sure hope I can see my dad's saw go to someone that would use it and appreciate it like you guys seem to.

58 minutes ago, FastFred3 said:

As a newbie here, I must say I am impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of all of the folks here that have responded thus far. I sure hope I can see my dad's saw go to someone that would use it and appreciate it like you guys seem to.

What's not to appreciate? That's a great old saw. Whomever ends up with it will be one lucky guy.

22 minutes ago, Stick486 said:

As does Tenryu, Carbide Processors and several others.