Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

12 minutes ago, steven newman said:

never fear, you can buy new pads, too...

We go through 2 cases of water a day at work.  That should provide ample supply to keep them at our favorite price of  free for many years.  :D

22 hours ago, BillyJack said:

To correct this problem and to protect the work I have to put bottle caps ends on to protect and relieve the twisting action

That's a good tip Billy.  Like Steven said, all the one's I've bought had plastic caps.  But I am still going to look for a few bottle caps that will fit other clamps I have.

1 hour ago, CharlieL said:

I've got to wonder how many of you Harbor Freight fans have a industrial cabinet saw in your little hobby shop. 

Not me. Though I do have some industrial hammers. :OldManSmiley:

I won't buy anything at HF that has a motor. :CoveringEyes: But then, HF ain't the only tool seller on my s**t list.

Edited by Gene Howe

On 9/21/2019 at 1:19 PM, CharlieL said:

I've got to wonder how many of you Harbor Freight fans have a industrial cabinet saw in your little hobby shop. 

Sorry...I just have a Sears Craftsman 8" direct drive....from the late 70s....twas my Late Dad's for a while....

On 9/21/2019 at 11:56 AM, Gene Howe said:

Not me. Though I do have some industrial hammers. :OldManSmiley:

I won't buy anything at HF that has a motor. :CoveringEyes: But then, HF ain't the only tool seller on my s**t list.

I heard there lathes were pretty good. I never heard of having problems with the motors ... I traded for a used one..

I t

On 9/20/2019 at 9:03 PM, steven newman said:

Hmmm. the HF clamps I have been getting come with plastic pads installed...

103531920_PoplarBoxProjectgluedup1.JPG.9cb4edcbadc6eb96ab4fe2e40d6fad4e.JPG

Problem is keeping them on..

.471962450_PoplarBoxProjectGluedup2.JPG.51d6417e4d712956cbcaac088163d9f2.JPG

You can see one of the pads in the bottom right....never fear, you can buy new pads, too...

I think the newer HF clamps have better clamps pads than previous clamps. at least yours do..When I bought these from HF on the cheap half were missing...

DSC03184.JPG

DSC03185.JPG

DSC03189.JPG

lami1.JPG

lami3.JPG

Edited by BillyJack