Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Tags are now required for all content items in our community. We appreciate your participation and patience as we work through this new requirement for topics, gallery images, blogs, and more. This is an exciting resource for all our members to use, with one click on a tag, you can see articles, topics and all our content that is similarly tagged the same. Please read Tagging Your Content for instructions on how to use our tagging system.

Cliff

vacuum sysstem in up and running

Rate this topic

12 minutes ago, Cliff said:

The reason for the large piping is  over a long run ya gotta have a big pipe a small one just doesn't work well

Gives more volume too.  Just like air pressure more volume never hurts.  I like the you set-up.

Looks like a nice set up. What is your intended use? A vacuum chuck for your lathe?

Steve

Nice work Cliff...pretty good pump to pull & hold 27" especially for the price you gave.:P

Edited by Grandpadave52

Well done. Like Steve asked: what's the intended use?

I rather like my vacuum coupling.  It's an industrial bit o' kit I got for next to nuthin' on the flea bay.

I can go pretty fast   - - not mind you that I'd trust  vacuum with high RPMs.

I welded up a rig to go on the coupling to prevent it from spinning.  Apparently it is overkill and  unnecessary because the hose is stiff enough to  keep it still

The pump.jpg

the_pump_vid.mp4

vacuum_at_1241_RPM.mp4

here is a vid of the coupling  I took the fixture off that I had on it. the hose seems plenty  stiff enough to hold it under power

The pipe thread into that aluminum disk is a left hand thread.  Hard to find a left hand pipe tap.  If you need one  I got one you can borrow so long as it won't be used  in steel.

I turned the aluminum disk so that it's double as a pulley for my slow speed rig.

vacuum coupling.mp4

Edited by Cliff

This is a good thread and I'm glad you shared it, have you got a link to buy those unions?

Steve

On 3/15/2018 at 4:16 PM, Steve Krumanaker said:

shared it, have you got a link to buy those unions?

I got it on the flea bay https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR2.TRC0.A0.H0.Xrotary+union.TRS1&_nkw=rotary+union&_sacat=0