Thoughts on a TPW gathering?

16 minutes ago, HARO50 said:

Could it pick me up first, THEN head for Florida? I could sure use some warm air.

John

Oh, wait........... we're talking summertime. NEVER MIND!

I'd be MORE than willing to trade some "warmth and sunshine" (along with all of the humidity) for some of your weather! When I think back at hating it being 90°F with 35% humidity in August and thinking I was going to die in that hay field...I didn't know how good I had it. Below 0° never bothered me, I just don't miss the snow and the trees not having leaves until the middle of May.

Edited by schnewj

36 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said:

You got yourself a deal. Cold didn't bother me so much when I was younger; previous career worked outside a lot during the cold. Nothing woke you up like cold diesel fuel running down your arm while trying to clean out a gelled fuel system.

Even the snow wasn't bad (in moderation) when out cutting firewood all weekend. I always knew there would be a hot shower, hot bowl of chili, hot coffee and the warmth from the wood stove...Of course that was then, when I was younger. The sub-zero temps along with the 40-60% humidity and the wind penetrates deep into old bones & joints from all the abuse they took when I was young. Yeah the 90o+ & 90%+ humidity can be brutal too, but I don't have to have on 4 layers of clothes, gloves, hats to endure it. Plus ya' can stick your tongue on a flag-pole if ya' want to do that also.

...you can always put it on, but you can only take so much off!

I never liked wearing a hat. It had to be below 0° or really windy before I would wear one. Now, my feet were another story...thank God for "felt pacs". :rolleyes: