Friday, March 9, 2018,What’s on your Patriot Woodworker agenda

Well, I was (and am) in the middle of three projects.  A pair of mirrors for upcoming weddings in April; a pair of oak nightstands for the second bedroom and a pair of underbed storage drawers for the first upstairs bedroom.  Sounds like all my projects come in pairs?

Then the call came in.  Yesterday morning my SIL called to inform me that my older brother had passed away during the night.  They were overseas, in Portugal, when he took ill and was hospitalized.  He died from complications due to pneumonia.  I will be headed out sometime in the next few days so that I can help SIL settle his estate.  I am not sure yet when they will be returning, needless to say - there is a bunch of paperwork for her to do in Portugal before she will leave.  But I plan to be in upstate NY to help when she arrives.  I visited the VA center here today to see what may be available for her in death benefits, but I did not get to speak with anyone.

RIP Clint Hyer, US Army 1967-1969 (I think) Vietnam Vet

Edited by Cal

On 3/9/2018 at 7:41 PM, Cal said:

Well, I was (and am) in the middle of

Then the call came in.  Yesterday morning my SIL called to inform me that my older brother had passed away during the night. 

RIP Clint Hyer, US Army 1967-1969 (I think) Vietnam Vet

So sorry for your loss. 

Prayers for for you and your family. 

On 3/9/2018 at 9:24 AM, Fred Wilson said:

darn, Moody - you have your work cut out for you this weekend.  As for me, we have the first show of the season in Forsyth, GA this weekend.  Hope the weather holds up.

''saw mill'' in California, jes don't ''fit'' IYKWIMEAN, anymore country boys heaw???

On 3/9/2018 at 1:34 PM, John Moody said:

Took the load of logs to the saw mill this morning and got back a little bit ago with this load of Red Oak. Still got to go back and get some White Oak, Elm, Cherry, Maple and Hickory. 

319341D2-073D-454C-9652-9AD3361DF33B.jpeg

Logs to Lumber! Can’t beat it. 

GO AHEAD, RUB IT IN!!!!!! Bet'cha theys more'n me that's ''country's on heaw!!!!!!!!!

If they'wuz that amount of lumber in my back yard, I wouldn't sleep a wink thinking of all the ''projects'' I could build with it.

What about it fellows let's give the he'hoss a 'clap clap' applause!!!!

4 minutes ago, Charles Nicholls said:

Hi guys, I know it's nearly midweek already, but i wanted to let you know that i am actually turning things again,

Awesome to have you back Charles. Hoping your health continues improving. 

Great to hear you are able to turn again.

Very sorry to hear of the loss of one of your mentors...Prayers to you, others she also mentored and the family.

Looking forward to seeing your latest projects.

36 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Awesome to have you back Charles. Hoping your health continues improving. 

Great to hear you are able to turn again.

Very sorry to hear of the loss of one of your mentors...Prayers to you, others she also mentored and the family.

Looking forward to seeing your latest projects.

Thank you Dave, It's been so long since I turned anything, I need to do some easy stuff to get back into the swing of things LOL...