Progress is slow....

1 hour ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

I had picked up some CV blast gates at an on line auction and do like them better than shop built ones, I'll be replacing some of mine old ones with them. Besides, some of the shop built ones have swollen making them not work so well. The slides really stick.

Our WW club had the good fortune of having a meeting at their plant in Kent, WA before they moved to NC?  and the owner showed us how they made those blast gates, They are engineered with a small hole in the back of the slide track to allow air to be sucked into them to keep the sawdust from packing in the slide track. You might be able to clean out the homemade ones and add a hole to keep them from clogging up. But I do like the CV ones.

Herb

• 3 weeks later...

It is looking real good ,Fred. I like the column feeding the TS and the RAS, you can easily tap into that for more machines in the future. Way to go with the long 90's made out out 45's the airflow will love that. Looks like you used large wire ties to hang the ducts from the ceiling, good idea, I used the perforated plumbers plastic strapping, wish I would have thought of that.

Are you going to hang the lights below the ducts, or did you figure in the light layout when running the ducts. I hung all mine below on chains.

That is a lot of work for one guy Fred, I had a helper when I did mine.

Great pictures too.

Herb

• 2 weeks later...