Good Monday Morning Patriot Woodworkers! February 26th, 2018

John Morris

Good Monday Morning!

Good Monday morning Patriot Woodworkers! What did you get done over the weekend, and what have you planned for the week ahead! Inquiring minds want to know. Please tell us what's happening in your shops, your life, and any events going on with you. Thank you for being here folks!

New members

Please welcome the following members to our community.

@Denni_87, @Matt47, @John Sawyer, @celi mich, @OC3, @Dejohnst, @chouseknecht

To our new members, thank you for joining us! To our existing members, please click on their names above and shoot them a welcome message.

Featured Gallery

One of our newest members @OC3 joined us and hit the road running by creating his first gallery of his work, and my my what beautiful work it is! Glenn is a master at traditional case work and joinery, please view his gallery and leave your comments there to cheer him on, we want to see more work by OC3!!

Featured video of the week

Source: Curtis Buchanan, chair maker - https://www.curtisbuchananchairmaker.com/

3 hours ago, John Morris said:

Those brackets are really cool John, ya got a source on those?

Rockler makes something like that, but you could find them cheaper on the web probably...http://www.rockler.com/i-semble-heavy-duty-blind-shelf-supports?sid=V9146?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=&utm_content=pla&utm_campaign=PL&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8dfJ-Y3E2QIVkLjACh2xewxcEAQYAiABEgKdFPD_BwE

Today is daughter's 39th birthday...seems odd because I only recently turned 39 myself:rolleyes: I planing on cake & ice cream for tonight...hope everyone else here has similar plans and someone gets the cake & ice cream. :P

A year ago Tuesday marks one year since Mom passed. A bitter sweet end of sorts to the month of February.

Rest of week TBD depending on the weather...A whole lot of sticks to pick up...re-start diagnostic journey on truck Voltmeter issue; even more clean-up, put-up and organize in the garage than sticks on 4 acres to pick-up I'm ashamed to admit.

@John Moody...how awesome it is that your son is following your lead; first by rescuing orphan tools, then putting them to use. Great job on the toy box...now you've got to get him signed on here. BTW, pretty nice job you did on the floating shelves too. What's your plan for finish?

7 hours ago, John Morris said:

One of our newest members @OC3 joined us and hit the road running by creating his first gallery of his work, and my my what beautiful work it is! Glenn is a master at traditional case work and joinery

...and I'll eye my, my, my what beautiful work it is too. I can't wait to see what else he has in the works and in his pictorial archives. He just raised the bar a notch or two!

Edited by Grandpadave52

no shop time planned this week.  wrote a long (6 page) paper on gun related issues this morning, in reply to an email i got from a local elected representative who is interested in that topic.

waiting for propane delivery, then if time permits, go out and get a load of water (285 gallons) for the house.

pistol match this coming saturday.  woot.

Just now, Gene Howe said:

@Ron Dudelston, how did you end up with an extra bookcase? 

Good question Gene.  A couple of months ago I built a pair of 4' X 4' bookcases for a local decorator. I used cabinet grade 3/4" plywood and trimmed it our with native cherry.  When I was picking up the plywood, there was a shop grade piece that I bought at a killer price because it had a bad edge. Knowing my ability to mess something up, I bought the extra piece as insurance and I didn't have to use it.  Therefore, I had a sheet of plywood in my way (You've seen my shop).  Viola', a 32" bookcase was born.  I did change the build just a bit.  I put a solid cherry top on it.