Could be that gun laws might not do squat with the problem

Smallpatch

Switzerland and Honduras have about the same population, 8.2 million.. Honduras has a law banning all guns and have the most homicides in the world per population while Switzerland has a law that every citizen MUST own a hand gun and they have the lowest homicide rate in the WORLD.

Wife says this was something she found of her computer. If its true maybe the politicians needs to read up on this and do something else???????????????

I carry everywhere I go but also I have to think am I doing the right thing. I will give an example I am shopping at a store and I hear a gun shot, I pull my gun and proceed to where I think the shot came from. In the meantime an officer of the law enters the store and proceeds to where the shooting is taking place. I have my gun drawn and am looking for the shooter and the police man sees me and shoots me. End of story. How would the officer  know who I was. I guess if he got the shooter also and prevented more people dying my life would be worth it. The officer was doing his job.

Preston 

I still say crime will drop when the punishment fits the crime.  Criminals do not deserve an "easy life" behind bars.  They are being punished.

Life sentence means you committed a crime against humanity.  Your rights should include a bed and nourishment to stay alive.  No gym, no TV, no radio etc.  You will never be out in public again so you don't need rehabilitated or contact with the outside world.

I'm sure knowing this going in you would think twice about what you are planning to do.  We need to get back to the idea that jail is a "Horrible" place to be. 

With a little research I think you will find, that, the Swiss have a mandatory two year military service. The last I knew (understood) was that the Swiss upon leaving active service retained their service rifles (usually fully automatic). However, no ammunition is issued. NCO's and above retain their rifles and sidearms and a prescribed amount of ammunition. The intent is that all trained Swiss can be immediately called back up in defense of their country.  This may have changed over the years, however.

As a CCW holder, I would never draw my weapon and  run towards a gunman looking for a fight. However, I would be prepared to: protect my own health, the health of those around me, or to stop a perpetrator should the opportunity present itself to definitively put an end to the activity. As much respect as I have for LEO's, I feel that there are a small percentage, that are just not reliable enough to carry a gun and maintain rational thinking. It is way too easy to put yourself in harms way and risk yourself from a LEO with "tunnel vision" by running around with a drawn weapon.

The real shame is that the gun issue is polarized. Every time a child is caught in school with a handgun the media never asks where did he/she get it? Every state already has a law that prohibits a gun owner from allowing anyone under the age of 18 years from gaining access. Yet the adult "owners" are never punished for BREAKING THE LAW! You have to enforce the existing laws. Fear is a wonderful motivator! Make the person responsible and accountable, the punishment extremely painful, and you may see less people willing to be lax about an item capable of wrecking devastation.

I grew up around and was taught to respect firearms, too many people today just don't have a clue, or that exposure and training. The basics were never taught to them. Sorry, but "Call of Duty" is not training or the "real" world. None of my firearms ever loaded themselves, opened a door, and shot at a car driving down the street. It takes a person to do that.

In the case of the Strickland shooter. It was another epic fail of the FBI. They knew about this kid for weeks prior to the shooting and chose not to follow up on the "see something, say something" that certain people/groups love to preach. Not the first time this has happened.

7 hours ago, Smallpatch said:

A men,      I'll vote you in so if you don't want to get corrupt like 98% of them thats in office already, you better change you line of thoughts...

PUNISHMENT?? SENESNCE'M TO 3-4-5 YR. THEM KNOWING THEY WILL GET THE NEEDLE  -  OR ROPE,AFTER THAT TERM, THAT WOULD BE PUNISHMENT!!

THERE SHOULD BE PUBLIC HANGING, SCHOOL TURNED OUT AND FORCED TO WATCH.

Archived