Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Smallpatch

I am at a stand still for I can't make any patterns

Rate this topic

I thought I would start making this wood geared clock but I like to keep the original patterns and make a bunch of patterns of the hardest things in case I screw up cutting out the sprockets..

I learned when I first bought the Dewalt 788 saw that all the pieces of any pattern needs to be made the same day on the same printer or else some of the pages I run through the printer are different sizes to the originals. Sounds weird but it happened. IMG_9876.JPG.f91b0046ad6b47785e2c46a4a62d40de.JPG

So with the printer on the blink I thought I would switch back to a clock...ornate-vintage-gold-rococo-wall-clock-New-Haven-Burwood-frame-Laurel-Leaf-Farm-item-no-n102260-1.jpg.3c41792f4676a016dae868099ee3fa92.jpg

The carvings caught my eye and enlarged looks even better but I didn't even realize who ever took the picture was to one side of the clock so that makes everything be lop sided but I think I have a way to fix that in the build....And then the bottom looks like who ever made the clock got tired and made the bottom too short for the rest of the carvings making it out of sink....So if I can get my brain from wandering around like I can't do anything about the pot holes in my street and I doubt if the Better Business Bureau could spell relief so....

2 hours ago, Smallpatch said:

I didn't even realize who ever took the picture was to one side of the clock so that makes everything be lop sided

Use some wedge shims on the back side to "square" it up;)

11 minutes ago, HandyDan said:

Depends where you have the wedgie!

For some, wedgies can cause a shimmy.B)

Edited by Gene Howe

And then again, a good lookin shimmy could cause the wedgie  :)