Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

The Patriot Woodworker Community will be offline from 9pm to 10pm Pacific Time Feb 21, 2019 for maintenance and software upgrades. Please be advised, if you are entering content at the offline shutdown time, your content may be lost, please avoid submitting content just before and up to 9pm.

Thank you

Staff

Wichman3

What brand scrollsaw do you use?

Rate this topic

Just now, John Morris said:

My goodness, now this is wonderful news!:cowboy: I am thrilled beyond words right now. Many folks here who weren't here before may not know who we have hosting our Machinery Forum now, the venerable, the almighty, the Ol ARN wizard himself, the one and only, Larry Buskirk, Larry, thank you sir, this is completely awesome, our Machinery forum is now "ALIVE!!!!!!!" insert Gene Wilder here.:2030125484_TwoThumbsUp:

Thanks Larry, I'll get a an official welcome packet out to ya via PM along with your moderator system set up, and your forum back on your hands. :Praise:

You asked for it, so here goes.

562badb503b6b_young-frankenstein1.thumb.jpg.0602d09ced73a3dd3642c8fee72d3f2e.jpg

4 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said:

The Rustoleum Hammered Black was a perfect choice for your saw IMO. I've used it on a couple of planes. I really like the look it gives. I have a few more I intend to use it on as well...purists will freak out, but the planes are mine and hopefully will get put to use some day.:blink:

@Grandpadave52

I live about 5 miles from the Rust-oleum plant , and have a friend that works there.

He gets me cans that don't pass inspection. (I can't see anything wrong with them but the price is right):2030125484_TwoThumbsUp:

IMHO the Hammered Black fits the character of my machines, and dresses them up quite well. It also helps hide casting flaws etc..

I agree with you about the "Purists", let them freak out! :1979502852_DevilLaughing: 

The machines I start with are usually what most people would consider parts machines, or worse. :(

I see the "Diamond in the rough":1726666591_DayDreaming: and enjoy the challenge of bringing them back to life. :D

Besides that they have a cool B) factor that I just can't/don't see in something that is half plastic.

1 hour ago, Larry Buskirk said:

Here's the $25.00 motor that will power my combination of machines when they're all done.

That is a beaut!!

1 hour ago, Larry Buskirk said:

Here's the $25.00 motor

sweet!!

11 hours ago, Larry Buskirk said:

I forgot to mention between the two saws I used plus a near perfect period correct motor that I got for $25.00 I've got about $100.00 tied up in this Scroll Saw. I've got way more time than money so I figure I get way more bang for my buck going the old machine route.

Here's the $25.00 motor that will power my combination of machines when they're all done.

280331292_1935-36800Motor.JPG.353e6cb7aa4f3e108d7722622e122f7b.JPG

Sweet restore Larry.  Is this motor tag one of your GIMP's?  I would sure like to see a little more of this process...

Hey, what brand scroll saw do you all use! ;)

4 minutes ago, John Morris said:

Hey, what brand scroll saw do you all use! ;)

John,

Could you move these to my old post when you move it?

Didn't mean to Hijack this thread.

3 minutes ago, Larry Buskirk said:

John,

Could you move these to my old post when you move it?

Didn't mean to Hijack this thread.

Larry, you're fine, personally I am enjoying everything here, Whichman didn't mind, it was just a friendly reminder is all for future "stuff".

I am still doing back flips that you decided to grace us with your presence, once again. :1726666591_DayDreaming:

11 minutes ago, John Morris said:

Whichman didn't mind,

Speaking of @Wichman3...he hasn't been around for some time. Hope he's doing OK? Always enjoyed seeing his work.

30 minutes ago, Wichman3 said:

Grandpadave, I'm doing fine, just got tired of the attitudes round here.

Glad you're doing OK...Certainly miss having you around! Sorry to hear...I apologize if mine caused any conflict.

31 minutes ago, Wichman3 said:

Last day at the market 2018:

Is that a picture frame or a small mirror/frame? VERY nice! Your detail is simply amazing. Hope you had a good crowd & customer base. 

Green Valley Products still meeting your needs? I still haven't made it down there yet.

@Wichman3 I was MIA for awhile, and missed your posts.

I just looked through some of your posts, and must say you do some beautiful fretwork! :2030125484_TwoThumbsUp:

Hope you return so we can see more of your work.

1 hour ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Glad you're doing OK...Certainly miss having you around! Sorry to hear...I apologize if mine caused any conflict.

Is that a picture frame or a small mirror/frame? VERY nice! Your detail is simply amazing. Hope you had a good crowd & customer base. 

Green Valley Products still meeting your needs? I still haven't made it down there yet.

It's both a mirror and a picture frame :) Just rotate the frame to get what you want. My first order through Green Valley was great, I'm about to put in another. (I'm trying to use all or at least most of the order before I order more (scrap piles annoy me, because I'm a packrat).

I uploaded pictures of the mirror/photoframe to my gallery, couldn't find the projects gallery.

9 minutes ago, Wichman3 said:

It's both a mirror and a picture frame :) Just rotate the frame to get what you want.

Cool...I really like it

10 minutes ago, Wichman3 said:

My first order through Green Valley was great, I'm about to put in another.

Great. Happy they worked out. I will get there one of these days...not that many miles but still about 75-80 minutes from here since it's mostly secondary state highways that include lots of curves and hills.

13 minutes ago, Wichman3 said:

scrap piles annoy me, because I'm a packrat

Well at least we share something in common.:lol:

14 minutes ago, Wichman3 said:

couldn't find the projects gallery.

https://thepatriotwoodworker.com/gallery/

image.png.05418990740b399ba9db4aa050a6267d.png

On 2/5/2018 at 12:35 PM, Fred Wilson said:

Personally I use an Excaliber EX21.  Love the idea of a large table and the tilting arm (as opposed to the tilting table)

I have an Excaliber 16 and love it. It's very smooth and easy to operate. The only downside is the dust collection, it is useless.

I use the Pegas MGT blades. These blades are different than others. You feed your pattern line straight into the blade instead of at an angle.

https://www.dndsawbladesonline.com/page/79818204

On 2/4/2018 at 1:31 PM, Wichman3 said:

Herb, what didn't you like about the Hegner? They're supposed to be primo.

I have heard some not so good thing about the Hegner. I have an Excaliber and love it. I think it's a better saw than the Hegner. The Excaliber is out of production but there are several copies being made. You can still get parts for the Excaliber, partly because of the copies being made. I know Woodcraft is selling the brand called King which is a copy.