Anyone use one of these

Smallpatch

They said it would be a home improvement or an improvement in a home? Sounds like we already have things that do the same thing to food...and just think of the extra storage space it will need....and believe me, the older a family gets the more they stuff in those cabinets hanging on the wall...IMG_9873.JPG.9fc32b77f0f7be958376a652ec8baab9.JPGIMG_9872.JPG.21ab7b084ee640b963b0fbb55ff30df5.JPG

Well , did she get railroaded or not??????

This was one of those christmas thingies that we decided then we didn't need anything so I said just get things later as you need them????  Should I have put a time limit and a dollar amount????

And was it in the advertisement that said there would be virtually nothing to clean after a meal is cooked...Now I am wondering what countries never clean their cooking utensils after each meal???? 

Edited by Smallpatch

The wife wanted one of these also.   The thing is they use very little oil so they are better for her diet.  What they are is a convection oven but smaller and higher air movement.   They do require cleaning after cooking but normally some Dawn in the removable container and let soak while eating. Cleans up easily.       If the grease that drips out of meat starts smoking add some water to where the grease is.   Our regular oven takes almost 15 minutes to come to temperature, the air fryer about 3.   They do cook a little faster as you normally set close to 400 F.    There is a learning curve as cooking is a little different.   Some items taste a little different than fried but still taste good.    As you said they use a lot of real estate and are not light.   Roly

Roly, It shows a picture of making veggie chips and it says to set the machine on 10 hours. Sun dried tomatoes, uck, 10 hours. Dried orange slices, 10 hours.. must not be much temp. But looking through the meat booklet I do believe these things will cook quicker. I also noticed it says for chicken tenders to use a thermometer and go for at least 165 degrees. So one will have to learn about how long that will be or else the door will stay open most of the time checking, which will slow the process down..

Right now we have 70 drawers and doors directly related to cooking and eating....This is not counting 3 large china cabinets with glass stuff jammed packed full in other parts of the house. Theres no place for the little flat metal shelves to be stored and for the machine its self will have to sit where it is at ..

19 drawers and 51 doors. this was all we talked about when trying to decide on a new house, space for kitchen things.. We still have things from almost 57 years ago. Bad thing, some we wore out and some things were never or hardly ever used and why we hang on to things like that????. It came when she was getting her back operated on so just plugging it in is as far as I have gotten with it.....I didn't ask what it cost and I might better leave it at that.