Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Dear folks, help us raise funding for our community directly. And in the process you'll have a chance to win some terrific tools donated by our sponsors!  Read More...

Rate this topic

I received the Woodcraft Monthly sale e-Flier a couple of days ago.

If you've been looking for a router lift they have the Jessem 02301 lift at a pretty good price; $149.99

Not the top Jessem model, but still a very nice lift especially for the money..

Woodcraft Sale-Jessem 02310 Router Lift Sale

image.png.b882cde3d1558e9e4e6cde3b54bca07d.png

5 hours ago, Kevin Beitz said:

So... What dose a router lift table do ?

Empty your pockers..

Incra and Festool will do the same thing...

That's  why a smart man stays away from such temptations...

Edited by BillyJack

I have done it many ways. The lift to me is the most time expedient way to route on a router table.

Without the lift, I would have to lift the router out of the table to change the bit. Bend way down and lock /unlock the router. Bend way down and do minor adjustments after the router was unlocked, and then lock again.

A lot of my routing is done in height increments and I raise the bit 1/8" at a times. When the router plate is covered with the fence on the table, adjustments must be made by unlocking the motor,adjusting and relocking. I have noticed that on regular router bases there is a tiny bit of slop in the threads that add or subtract from the frequent height adjustments, these tend to make inaccuracies in adjustments.

I feel the added cost is worth it, They last forever and are very little maintenance, I have 2 , a Rockler, and a Jessem. Both are good ,do what they are supposed to do.

Herb

An added thought is now with the emphasis on dust collection by enclosing the router, it will be harder to do adjustments under the table.

Edited by Dadio

6 hours ago, Dadio said:

An added thought is now with the emphasis on dust collection by enclosing the router, it will be harder to do adjustments under the table.

Home made lift, has above the table bit changes, and adjustment wheel in the front with a lock.  No need to bend over and has DC.

Thanks to all who gave advice along the way.

IMG_0786.JPG.286e7256d1120e0299929ffa0dffa90a.JPG

IMG_0783.JPG.acad88bc994153adfb78d5740e7911a9.JPG