6 hours ago, Dadio said:

I have never seen one of those before, Good Find,

I'd seen pictures Herb, but I had never seen one in the wild. Very unusual to find something like that around here.

5 minutes ago, Joeb41 said:

Nice score! According to my Stanley "Bible" the #62 was made from 1854 to 1941and is valued at $15-$45. There were many variations made.

Thanks Joe for the info. From what little I've learned, the #62 was (is) one of the most popular of the Stanley rules; apparently more made than of the others.

WOW! No wonder I can't find them around here or anywhere for that matter.:lol: You've cornered the market.:P Very cool collection.

Thanks @John Moody for the information and history on the #62. Much appreciated. It's a little older than I guessed which was early 30's, pre-depression. Thanks for the heart merge into the level dating. Good nugget to have.

I wish the brass edges were fully secured, but overall for $4 thought it was a decent find. I need to start carrying  a magnifying glass in the glove compartment for just in case.^_^

10 hours ago, John Moody said:

That’s what I use my camera on my phone for. The zoom feature makes for a nice magnification and the flash light helps in dim light. 

I found some some of the rulers at a flea market that were priced way too high. The guy told me they were hard to find, showed him my collection and ask him how many he wanted at the price he was asking. He didn’t respond. :D

Using the phone for magnification - great idea!  I hope to be able to remember this tip...

Great info that you have provided all around John, and quite a collection to be sure.  Do you have a display cabinet/box planned for the future?

3 hours ago, Cal said:

Using the phone for magnification - great idea!  I hope to be able to remember this tip...

Great info that you have provided all around John, and quite a collection to be sure.  Do you have a display cabinet/box planned for the future?

Lol I surprised Lew didn’t answer. Yes I have several display cabinets. I love to collect.