Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
kmealy

I hate Wal*mart

5 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said:

My response = YEP, what's not to hate! Much prefer double root canal than go there.

w/o Novocaine...

Unfortunately Walmart is the really only Big Store we have.

We do shop the local grocery store or we may go to other cities or towns to do our shopping.

I guess that's what happens when you live in a rural area. 

40 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said:

kMealy wrote..."I hate Wal*mart"

My response = YEP, what's not to hate! Much prefer double root canal than go there.;)

One of my greatest fears in life is that I'll show up on the People in Walmart web site.

1 hour ago, LarryS said:

Unfortunately Walmart is the really only Big Store we have.

We do shop the local grocery store or we may go to other cities or towns to do our shopping.

I guess that's what happens when you live in a rural area. 

Ahh, but the benefits outweigh the inconveniences, don't they Larry? 

We're in the same boat as you. We try to patronize the 2 locally owned grocery stores and pharmacy as much as we can. And the Ace store in town gets a lot of my business. Especially since Lowes and HD are about 45 mi. away. 

19 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

Ahh, but the benefits outweigh the inconveniences, don't they Larry? 

We're in the same boat as you. We try to patronize the 2 locally owned grocery stores and pharmacy as much as we can. And the Ace store in town gets a lot of my business. Especially since Lowes and HD are about 45 mi. away. 

Yes their are inconveniences but I'll put up that. I wouldn't want to live in a large city. I might have to drive a little further to go to a lumber yard or other stores but that's alright. 

My nearest Lowes or Menards is about 20 mile away and the nearest Home Depot is about 33 mile away. 

We have a lumber yard in town but, it's only construction supplies. The nearest hardwood is in Flagstaff, 135 miles. Or phoenix, 150 miles. Needless to say, when I make that drive, a trailer comes along and gets well loaded. 

2 hours ago, HandyDan said:

using a hammer drill.

or a cold chisel...

2 hours ago, Stick486 said:

w/o Novocaine...

2 hours ago, HandyDan said:

using a hammer drill.

Yes to both...if one is lucky...still a pleasant experience over WALL-E-WORLD...

I did see the parent company is shuttering ~60 Sam's Clubs...simply closed the doors yesterday at those locations...2 of 4  in Indy gone.

I haven't been in a Sam's Club for 15-20 years...even less likely now.

2 minutes ago, Stick486 said:

or a cold chisel...

...or at the same time.

3e199c9425b10b712db1aa2a9f504a64--hilarious-memes-funny-shit.jpg.6af591fdaf85040a4356b12565317061.jpg26904689_10159841715655026_3645194409195370906_n.jpg.fcfac7ebde07b218af39d3841f0cb2f3.jpg

Edited by kmealy

Read today that laid-off Sam's Club workers are applying for jobs at nearby BJ's and being told to fill in applications etc., to be considered.   BJ's may pick up some employees and business.

who/what is BJ's???

17 minutes ago, p_toad said:

Read today that laid-off Sam's Club workers are applying for jobs at nearby BJ's and being told to fill in applications etc., to be considered.   BJ's may pick up some employees and business.

I had seen something similar. BJ's personnel were excited for the opportunity to employee SC's associates if possible.

10 minutes ago, Stick486 said:

who/what is BJ's???

Same here Stick...I'd never heard of them either until the Sam's Club issue...apparently only on the Eastern seaboard + OH, & PA.

http://www.bjs.com/

BJ's are the same ilk as Costco and Sam's. They all carry about the same products, although I find BJ's prices slightly higher than Sam's. We have them in FL., also.

I have found lately, that, Sam's is carrying less and less brand name products and is slowly transitioning their stock to the store brand Member Mark. The packaging seems to be smaller for the same price as the name brand products they were selling. I don't feel that the quality of the store brands are as good as some name brand products in many cases. In addition, I have been finding less and less variety of products. Many of the products have just disappeared.

Just as an example, the last time I was there they had shrunk the kitchen/culinary supplies to almost nothing compared to what it was. The same with the paper type products; Kleenex, TP, paper towels, etc.

So, maybe Walmart's business practices and how they have treated their vendors is spilling over into the bulk/wholesale side. I suspect that the bulk vendors may have started to stand their ground and has forced Walmart to start marketing their store brands to maintain a profit margin.

and the quality/level of their CS and help makes you not want to bother w/ them...