Bandsaw

RustyFN

Rusty in case you might not have considered......The longer the blade,  the longer it will last before it gets dull.....at not that much more money per blade.. A quick release is nice to have.  I have 3 band saws one is a 2 speed model...in the 35 years I have never never changed speeds on it... and computerized balanced cast iron wheels makes it run quite and smooth.

Dave mentioned Jet, Grizzly I am almost sure is made in the same building...so do the comparisons with all makers...

Also a bandsaw boxed up is long and not too wide so two people standing on the ground behind the truck can slide it off the truck without much effort..and if it is in the 14"-16" range one man could get it off the truck without lots of effort. 
So I can't see a person paying extra for a lift gate....A tablesaw probably but not a bandsaw.....

Thanks everybody for your helpful advice. I called Woodcraft today to ask them if they would price match the one I saw online for $760. The manager told me they would have it on sale next month for 699. I am going to go with the Rikon for that price. These are the specifications. 

MaterialSteel

TABLE

Miter Slot (2)3/8" x 3/4"

T-SlotYES

Dimensions21-1/2" x 15-3/4"

MaterialCast Iron

Tilt Range5 left, 45 degree right

Height from Floor39-1/2"

CUTTING CAPACITY

Blade Width Range3/16" - 3/4"

Depth of Throat13-5/8"

Depth of Cut13"

Blade Length111"

Blade Speeds1,445 / 2950 SFPM

BLADE GUIDE

Precision Guide BearingsYES

MOTOR - RIKON

Amps14 / 7 A

Horsepower1.5 HP

Voltage115 / 230 Volts / 60Hz

DUST COLLECTION

Dust Chute Diameter (OD)1 @ 4"

CONTROLS

TensioningQuick Tension Release

TrackingStandard

Blade Guide LockYES

Blade Guide Raise/Lower KnobYES

BAND WHEEL

MaterialCast Aluminum

I think you'll be happy with the Rikon  Rusty. The quick release feature is something I don't have. It definitely will be a time saver for you. I believe the instructions will tell you the low speed is for cutting non ferrous metals, ie  copper, brass, aluminum.  I've never used the low speed on my saw yet, but it's nice to have if you decide to cut these materials. I recommend you go to Suffolk Machinery.com to purchase Timberwolf blades. Quality blades at good prices. You can find any blade you need there and they provide information about which blade for what purpose.

Edited by It Was Al B

Wow, that looks to be a winner, Rusty. Great price, too. Mine is a little Shopsmith so I have infinitely variable speed and it does help so, I think you'll be happy with that feature. 

And, I'll second Al's recommendations for Suffolk. Good people and good blades.