kinda intarsia my style

Smallpatch

Dan is this named "The End Of The Trail"--

Probably be a paint horsee  before I am finished.

And in the rattle snake, saguaro country.....

Lew you reminded me. For folks fixin to have to buy

more ink, read up before buying.. The XL is the better

bargain like what I use, HP 60 but the HP60XL , longer

lasting and a  better buy

That's close to the picture I used Dan. Anyway at least we know the name  of it. I'm this far along and it has a few things different.IMG_9729.JPG.8e8430d56235e3b26d235e3ebc4a3ecc.JPG

I always like to post some pictures so I can see where or what needs to be changed.. Right off I got the wrong legs higher than the other two. Can you tell? I will change it tomorrow and continue. Lots of different heights in this picture. I also should have lowered the horse a little but I kinda worked around that cause I had already lowered some things too much if the horse got lowered!!!! 

IMG_9727.JPG

Dave I am just following the picture and then its not the same for when I round the edges the pictures are no longer a help..I done changed the front of the horse four or five times and come up with four or five different horses..

Something I've always lacked is being able to paint or draw what I see like a real artist does...Chaps me off big time.....I was planning on adding the simple Nike logo to the side of the indians moccasins and can't even do a good job at that...

While looking up the Nile logo I found out in 1964 or 7 or when ever the girl that made the logo and sold it to the Nike owner got a whopping 35 dollars... But then later in 2011 she got a bunch of Nike stock for her good deed since it is one of the most recognized logo's in the world. 

I am gonna tone down the pinkish blanket and try to make the horses mane a dull white or a goldish shade if I have one. Also get rid of lots of that green grass. Arizona is kinda pretty, not the right word, when driving down the highway but when you stop to smell the roses, especially up close, there is a lot to be desired..I,m thinking of the bare and desolate stretches of 1- 40  and 1 -20. But all the pine tree areas are great to be in...another world for sure

I had the horse too smooth so I took some ruff sandpaper and went in circles trying to get that thought someone had opened the gate and let the horse go cause they couldn't afford the feed bill and here come an indian in about the same shape and age as the horse and they teemed up for awhile...Too bad my brain won't command my hands to do what it is thinking...

I'm telling ya' Patch, I can hear that horse snorting and puffing a bit.

I guess I can understand where you want to scruff up the horse's hair a bit to capture the point in time the two connected.

after looking at the pictures again, while I've never been to Arizona, I agree probably way to much green; needs more sand look and maybe some scrub brush and sage...

I really like the Indian and the horse though...once you described your desired effect, I'm seeing it in those two...

Keep pictures coming...I'm really enjoying this project.

Yep, you did good on the blanket...lightened it up and looks a little more weather worn...

Same with the grass...more grain showing giving appearance of scrub...

Enhancements to Indian look good...maybe a strong on the clothing color....I'd see it as faded more...what do you think?

Horse has that scruffy look now you envisioned I think...

Dave I'm not happy with the mane. I had envisioned flowing in the wind  white. It took center stage way too much.

I even edged the horse with some off white  or greyish to add to the horses age but I do have to change the mane color. 

Making those two chess men got me away from  the picture.

You were right when you said leave it, enough already, and I do agree, it did look batter Trouble is, when the first coat of clear is added everything gets brighter.

Well,  I have a few more tricks up my sleeve, later.