I bet there are some red faces,and maybe some red butts after they get kicked for that error. From what I have heard the Pres.and founder of the company doesn't like embarrassing situations like that.

I have been to their showroom in Bellingham, WA and a person could spend a day drooling over the inventory and not see it all.

Herb

3 hours ago, Ron Dudelston said:

If I misquote a job at a loss, guess who takes the hit?  Me.  Is this any different?  They accepted my order and my payment.

You are correct ,Ron, and I would take the same stand if I gave someone the wrong price. BUT Here is the difference, if you owned the company and had employees marketing to accounting doing a screw-up like this and a dozen orders came in you would take action, I guarantee you.

Herb

I would bet that somewhere in the gobbledy-gook on their website, there's a phrase that goes something like "not responsible for posting/listing errors"...and I'd also bet it was reviewed by an army of lawyers to make sure it's iron clad. But that's just a guess.....

Fred, you're probably correct on that.  Herb, I'd guess that there were more than a dozen.  The customer service rep I spoke with said that she couldn't see my order at that time because the system was backlogged because of thousands of orders that came in over the weekend.  Granted not all were being processed for a planer but I'd say the number was pretty substantial because I know two were ordered from this site alone.  On a side note, a couple of years ago Home Deport ran an ad on a Worksharp system.  I don't recall the actual prices but a $300 plus system was drastically reduced.  John Moody bought the system and got refusals and apologies to fulfill the order.  Long story short, they had to honor the pricing and he now has a Worksharp system. 

On 1/2/2018 at 7:35 PM, Ron Dudelston said:

If I misquote a job at a loss, guess who takes the hit?  Me.  Is this any different?  They accepted my order and my payment.

Don't give up.  Keep at them and maybe they will send you a hat and a t-shirt.  You can soak them in gasoline and burn them.  Might be some consolation.

3 hours ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

Somewhere I picked up a Grizzly tech told another person they had thousands of orders for those. I suspect honoring them would be a really bitter pill to swallow, money wise.

As for the company:

Cheaper to pay the lawyer in this case.

Never admit guilt where litigation may be a factor.

As for those wronged:

Where is the "Class Action" lawyer when you need one. 

Need to get the list of those who ordered one.

Edited by HandyDan

9 hours ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

I kinda had the same thought...they should issue an apology and a generous discount on a purchase. I guess that's not in the cards, you'll have to get by on the free catalog.

Yeah, but I didn't even get a catalog.