Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Allen Worsham

Hanging out with John Moody

Took them to the range but couldn’t get him in a shooting competition!

While we did not shoot, I have to say that I was really impressed with the shooting range that John works at. I have been to a number of indoor shooting ranges over the years, but I have never seen one as nice and as functional and well thought out as this one. Tami and I really enjoyed riding around Florence in John's truck as he and Beth gave us a running narrative. We really loved that restaurant we ate at. Florence Alabama is such a nice and friendly town and we always enjoy being there. If you ever find yourself down that way be sure to hook up with John Moody. He and Beth will stuff you full of food, and show you around Florence and share the great history of their home town that they are so proud of.

The down-side to it was that yesterday Tami and I both got sick. This morning we went to a local Urgent Care facility just a few blocks from our hotel. Tami was coughing all night and lost most of her voice. I got her all the various meds over the counter at Wal-Mart and it didn't do a whole lot. The Urgent Care doctor checked us both out and found out that Tami had contracted the Flu. As a Teacher working with her kids makes her like a walking human tissue. So she very rarely gets more than a cold. But this flu kicked her butt. The last time she had the flu was about 9-10 years ago. I did not have the flu (I get the flu shot every year due to my lung issues), but my lungs started getting all gunked up so I got a steroid injection in my rump and then got the "Z-Pak" which is a 5 day treatment of Azithromycin which is basically like dropping nuclear bombs on the lung infection. Being that I am a life-long asthmatic, this is about the only thing that works for me.  

So now Tami and I are in our hotel in La Vergne, TN which is about 10 miles or so south east of Nashville. Tomorrow we will take an easy day and go see a local Realtor in Smyrna, TN which is about 10 minutes south from our hotel and get some information from the MLS on the different neighborhoods in Smyrna for us to check out and get the lay of the land. Depending on how we are feeling we will see about going to Franklin, TN and walk around a bit in the town square there. We drove through it but have not got out to walk around and enjoy the ambiance and the various little shops. I know my wife wants to get a few gifts for classroom aides and other teachers. 

On Saturday afternoon Tami and I will be  boarding a play in Nashville to fly back home to Corona, California.  We have had a great and relaxing (apart from getting sick with flu and bronchitis)  time exploring retirement places and seeing some good friends.

Edited by Allen Worsham

Hope you both get well! Glad you are enjoying your trip (aside from getting sick)

30 minutes ago, Allen Worsham said:

We have had a great and relaxing (apart from getting sick with flu and bronchitis)  time exploring retirement places and seeing some good friends.

It seems every silver lining comes with it's own cloud! At least you had a good time!

John

Dang Allen...hate you hear you both are ill. It's bad enough when your home and get sick, but on your vacation.

I used to know a couple of guys in East Nashville who had access to "genuine Tennessee white lightning" but they're probably long gone by now. That stuff would cure anything including keeping your radiator from freezing:rolleyes:

Take care of yourselves...hope the property search continues to go well...Safe travels back to the "left coast."

7 hours ago, John Moody said:

I believe she shoots pretty good for 12.

Uh, yeah...real well I'd say! But she SHOT Frosty...:rolleyes:

That is one awesome indoor range John...I see why you enjoy being there.