Yea, it stands for what you think it does. When I finish a bowl on the lathe I first finish the bottom and then hold the bowl with a vacuum chuck to finish the rest of it. I've been wanting to try the technique with brush on lacquer and I guess I was thinking about that and not much else. This bowl has one coat of shellac for sealer on it. I started it spinning and applied the shellac, then went in the house for a bit. When I go back out to the shop, the bowl is laying on the floor with several pieces of bark broken off. Luckily I keep a messy shop and there was a bed of shavings or it probably would've been worse.

5a47ed08c35e9_DAattack.JPG.6168770fc4deb654ff203cb3a0326c92.JPG

I have several lights over my lathe which are plugged into a switchable plug strip. I normally plug my vacuum pump into a separate outlet but not thinking I plugged it into the one I use for the lights. I ALWAYS turn my lights off when I leave the shop. Amazingly I was able to get the pieces glued back on and it's hard to tell they were even broken. Thank goodness for super glue.

Steve