Will be a project for 2018?

steven newman

Let's see...right before we left the house to go pick up the GrandBRATS...this happened

plastered.jpg.877d9a420bb5cf844343a0353cbecf90.jpg

A LOUD crash.   Instead of fixing water damage from that fire almost 3 years ago..Landlord simply painted over it..

fAIL.jpg.b958b9e30e560c2ff999ff48f05b7d1c.jpg

FAIL!!.   Glad nobody was coming in the front door.....

Screws were bought and installed, along with the knob..

PIP2.jpg.202be610320e787f0814316206ed9614.jpg

There are some out there, that do NOT like that hint of live edge along the front of the top...BFD.   Still have to get a start on the bookcase part

5a57ff8f92e3c_lumbersupplies.jpg.c6cd81ba5d6ad8d3a3ec3d01172138c3.jpg

Not sure IF it will be this tall..yet.   stay tuned

Good progress on the lower unit. I like it...Don't let "the boss" convince you to paint it;) Would look good with a light or medium oak stain, but that's just me.

As for the "chicken little" event, glad no one was hurt...need to make sure to keep pictures of that depending on where you're at in the litigation ordeal with the Landlord and Insurance Co.

2 hours ago, steven newman said:

.had to kneel down on an old knee, and hope I could get back up.

Same cold & gloomy look out my back door as yours<_<

Know exactly what you're talking about getting down and a knee but unsure if I can get back up.:(

Glad any thoughts to paint have subsided...The grain really came out with the shellac...

Man, I really like that panel door!:)

On 12/26/2017 at 10:27 AM, steven newman said:

Holes...yes....haven't seen any bugs....

I air-dried some ash maybe 30 years ago.  It was my impression that whatever bug it was got into the semi-wet wood and once it was dry, left it alone.  I used a lot of it and never had a problem after construction.

Emerald Ash Borer is devastating ash in the midwest.   They tunnel in the cambrium (area between sapwood and bark) and kill the tree.   It's sad to go down the expressway and see lots of standing dead ash trees.

emerald-ash-damage.jpg

5 hours ago, kmealy said:

I air-dried some ash maybe 30 years ago.  It was my impression that whatever bug it was got into the semi-wet wood and once it was dry, left it alone.  I used a lot of it and never had a problem after construction.

Emerald Ash Borer is devastating ash in the midwest.   They tunnel in the cambrium (area between sapwood and bark) and kill the tree.   It's sad to go down the expressway and see lots of standing dead ash trees.

emerald-ash-damage.jpg

Keith, are those dead trees any good for lumber?

Herb