Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
AshleyJ

New here, happily looking around the place...

Rate this topic

I joined because of a kind invitation from Stick. Thank you...

I'm new here, though not to woodworking. I have a few years experience, scattered over as many decades. My last few years experience is blissfully spoiled by access to the amazing Dallas Makerspace. In recently moving from Dallas to colder places, I sold almost everything, and I'm now rebuilding my shop from scratch.

I consider this an adventure and opportunity to explore a new approach. My current plan, though constantly evolving, is to operate as long as possible without replacing my table saw and miter saw, instead using a DIY tracksaw/circular saw with an MFT style cutting table. I don't think I'll install crown molding that way, but I'll see how far I can ride this. Portability is a major consideration for all my solutions as I will move again. Finding dust collection and winter heating solutions for an uninsulated garage shop is part of the adventure.

My children's increasing interest in learning... and creating their own dreams is wonderful in ways beyond words. And my wife is so happy about the bed I built us before the move that someday soon I'll finish the trim and put a finish on it. This solitary joy of creating isn't so solitary after all.

“Find ecstasy in life; the mere sense of living is joy enough.” 
― Emily Dickinson

Glad ya made it sir..

hold my donuts for the others...

word of warning...  Schnooge will be by shortly looking for pie and ice cream...

Welcome to the adventure Ashley!!!!!

Welcome to the forum Ashley!!

DONUTS are always appreciated !!!! 

9 hours ago, Stick486 said:

Glad ya made it sir..

hold my donuts for the others...

word of warning...  Schnooge will be by shortly looking for pie and ice cream...

Welcome, Ashley. Glad you joined the fun. Looking forward to seeing some of your work, (the story is no good without pictures). Hope you brought your sense of humor, also.

Now, we normally expect that newly joined members brings doughnuts for the group, however, Stick was being a little piggy lately, stealing them all before the rest of us had a chance. I switched to pie and ice cream instead. But lately our buddy has been backing off of the doughnuts. Guilty conscious I guess! Anyway, forget the pie and ice cream for me, I'm on a diet to loose a few pounds in preparation for the coming holiday over eating.

Again, welcome to the fun.

Bill (aka Schnooge)

Glad to have you here. At least you did not have to go as far north as Stick, But I hear it gets cold where you are too

Happy to see you here and hope you can easily get back into the sawdust thing :P   Tough moving and not having everything come with you.  :(

hope your present place is a good one (once you get the heat thing resolved) B)

Welcome to the forums!

Welcome @AshleyJ...sorry I was absent when you arrived.

@Stick486 wouldn't have invited you over if he didn't think both you and us would not benefit.

My money back guarantee: "you'll like it here!"

Looking forward to seeing you around the virtual workbench often.

It'll be fun as long as Stick and Bill get their Doughnuts and Pie & Ice Cream respectively.  Forget what Bill said about forgetting his Ice Cream.  He holds a grudge.

57 minutes ago, Old Coasty said:

It'll be fun as long as Stick and Bill get their Doughnuts and Pie & Ice Cream respectively.  Forget what Bill said about forgetting his Ice Cream.  He holds a grudge.

MY SHARE IS UP FOR GRABS...

HELP YUR SELF..

Nope still on a diet.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Who We Are

Operation Ward 57 Challenge Coin Display Project

We are a woodworking community with an emphasis on sharing and learning the skilled craft of woodworking and all of its related disciplines. Our community is open to everyone who wishes to join us. We support our American veterans and active duty, being a veteran is not a prerequisite to join. Join us now!

Objective

Air Force Command Center Plaque

Of course just like most online woodworking communities we are centralized in the arts, crafts, and trades that are woodworking. But, we have another focus in our Patriot Woodworker community, we are the only woodworking community that was founded on our care and concern for our disabled veterans.

Volunteer

Patriot Woodworker Volunteers

The Patriot Woodworkers are an all volunteer community, from the staff and hosts who run our online woodworking community to the members who frequent our forums, you'll find volunteers in all of us. We are not on a payroll, unless you consider the spiritual rewards gained from volunteering, as compensation.

Education

Logging

One of the many projects we are working on is a wiki for our online community. A wiki is a great way for woodworkers and enthusiasts to share their knowledge to others, and to impart their knowledge for others to learn from, and utilize as well for their own benefit. We hope you'll consider being a wiki contributor.