LED light

For a few years I was using a 300 watt Halogen light in the garage / shop. Yesterday I replaced it with a 2 ft LED fixture. It's quite a bit brighter, and should use up less electricity. I'm thinking about moving the light up a little higher just to get it just a little more out of view because it is so blindingly bright, but first I want to see how hot the fixture gets after it has been on for a while, so I can determine how close I can get it to the rafters.

SNelsonSide.jpg

SNelsonFront.jpg

IMG_0904.jpg

Edited by Ron Dudelston

• 2 years later...
25 minutes ago, Michael Thuman said:

When replacing the flourcent lights with led lights always verify the balast is it good working order.

I have one that when plugged in causes a lot of RF interference.

I need to replace the balast on that one.

I got rid if the ballast on mine for just that reason.

If it is a fixture, i simply replace the entire fixture.  At this age, it is less work to look at in the future since I am having problems getting my arms overhead.  Also, the bulbs in lamps and fixtures in my house are being replaced with LED and the cost of electricity is going down.  They've been out to check my meter a couple of times.  Too bad.  The less it costs me monthly, the happier I am. And, I am not sorry for them.  :D

When my 4 ft fluorescent bulbs broke (some idiot raised a board too high) I replaced  with a unit of couple nice LED lights on sale at  HD. It made a bright difference, can't tell how much better it is compared to the old one, it had a LOT of dust and junk on it.:) My other shop light is a ceiling fan/light. I am going to put LED lights in it too. I got some at the dollar store, (?) but haven't tried them yet. Wish me luck:rolleyes:

Editing this.......Dollar store LED didn't even try to come on......oh well, you get what you pay for.

Edited by Ron Altier
add more

I had a workbench in the garage that I really wasn't using,.....I'm doing a little refurb to it and doing some slight mods to set it up for a little scale modeling work space. I'm gonna grab a plug in LED to go directly over that and will probably add a bench clamp on LED as well.

We redid the kitchen a few years back,.....had all these super nice under cabinet LED lights hardwired in,...had a power surge from a lightning strike hit about 6 months after that and knocked them all out :angry:,.....only other thing it knocked out was a neon light I had in my shop,...it had been on for years. I'm actually getting more to replace those this coming week,......I'll try it one more time. The more "extras" you got the more you have that can go wrong :unsure:

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, FlGatorwood said:

Gunny, I really like the brights you installed in your shop and carport. 

Much cheaper on the electric bill and a TON more light!   I have done 3 carports in our neighborhood with similar set up.  Not as many lights as I have but used both 4 ft LED's and the LED recessed fixtures tied into a motion sensor.