My wife's Christmas present

DAB

i had planned to use pre-finished birch plywood, but the local HD said they stopped carrying it.  aargh.  so we went with the white covered plywood (smooth, glossy finish) and pre-finished 1/4 ply for the drawer bottoms.  had to get one more sheet of 1/4 ply, and saw that they are now carrying the birch again.  sigh.

the 4" wide shelf on the back will also be covered with leftover laminate later.

Quite crafty (pun intended):D...

You must have been really naughty this year if you had to make this plus the sewing center to avert a lump of coal;)...

Looking forward to seeing this completed and the sewing cart progression. You still have 24 days to Christmas...

At least I found where I left my orange panel lifter:rolleyes:

we don't need much, but she needed a better work center than an old hollow core door on top of sawhorses.  and more storage space.  so this is made just for her.  34" H, 36-1/2 W, 86 L.  plenty of space for laying out and cutting fabric (she is an excellent seamstress), or craft painting, or whatever.

current sewing center is a bit too high, so that will be addressed, and it'll get 8 drawers as well.  wide on left, narrow on right, so plenty of out feed space to the left of the sewing machine.

hope to get that done next week.

and it's heavy too.  about 4 sheets worth of plywood in the cabinets and drawers, another sheet under everything, and one more on top.  so at about 65 pounds per sheet, and let's be conservative and say there are 5 sheets total equivalent, that's 325 pounds as it sits.  i can't lift it.  but it rolls very easily, even for her.  woot.

2 hours ago, DAB said:

used some leftover plastic lattice (hey, we're cheap).

Looks good...cheap or not...right decision for this project...easier to keep clean & dust free and minimal chance of snagging anything.

BTW...was I supposed to see my tool chest before Christmas?:rolleyes:

Very nice! Santa may be extra good to you this year!  Better get a bigger stocking.

I like the use of pocket holes on the soon-to-be unseen outside of the drawers. It keeps them simple to build and strong. 

My typical overthought out method would be to cut some sort of interlocking joint or even dovetails that would go unappreciated.