Probably all the above. Yesterday one of the guys had to leave early for a doctor appointment, the second guy (very young fellow) stayed and worked until about 6:00. I went out to look at what they had done, these guys are awesome. Really nice job on the taping. Just looking at how they did it, I can see many of the things I always did wrong when I did my own drywall. For the record, I always impressed myself with just how really (really) bad I am at doing drywall work...besides it not being much fun.

13 hours ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

Probably all the above. Yesterday one of the guys had to leave early for a doctor appointment, the second guy (very young fellow) stayed and worked until about 6:00. I went out to look at what they had done, these guys are awesome. Really nice job on the taping. Just looking at how they did it, I can see many of the things I always did wrong when I did my own drywall. For the record, I always impressed myself with just how really (really) bad I am at doing drywall work...besides it not being much fun.

They did a good job hanging ,Fred, glad you waited for this crew to show. If they do as good taping and mudding,you will be able the make it into a banquet room. You did like I did on the outlets,a 4X4 every 6" , every other one a 2X4 220v. Outlets in the ceiling for machine drops and lights.I split the circuits each wall a separate circuit and the ceiling too. Never can have too many outlets.

Herb

Edited by Dadio

Fred I have 35 2-tube 4" long t-12 fixtures in my shop roughly the size of yours. There are not shadows in any direction. I have replaced the bulbs in 4 fixtures with LE as the ballasts/bulbs go out.

I had a lighting engineer calculae what I should in stall.

here is a discussion on the topic for your infomation.

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=106947

Herb

Here is a thought @Fred W. Hargis Jr, if you haven't already done so, but mark on the floors where the studs are. That would help later when you go to hang something and you want to use a stud. Also, maybe take some detailed pictures with a tape measure showing stud locations. It is just a thought to help with the later stages.

So as of yesterday, they have the 3 coats of mud completed. Monday morning they were here (2 folks) and did the second coat, took them all of 3 hours and they went to the next job to let it dry. Yesterday one guy came back (2nd fellow was ill) and he did the 3rd coat, taking probably about 7+ hours. He must have done some of that magic trick with a sponge drywallers can do...wish I had seen that in practice. Anyway, the job is incredible...I doubt it will take them more than a couple of hours to sand it out and be done. This was the first tiome I had seen drywall done professionally so maybe I'm over impressed. But I know if I had done it, I would have used 4 times the mud, and it would take until Christmas to sand it out. So as painful as the wait was, it was worth it to me. Still wish I had seen that sponge used though, I've heard if you sponge it with the right touch when the mud is wet, it may not even need sanding...could be useful to know for patch work jobs.