Well, my first drywall contractor called this morning, he wants to get started on my shop next week, and maybe have the rock delivered today. To recap this saga: I got the estimate back in May and was told it would be late July to do the job. In early August I was told it would probably be early Oct. Now today I'm hoping it will be next week. I had went through this in another post, and some here urged me to get more quotes. Actually I called for some and was scheduled to get another one next week, which i just cancelled. Maybe I should have waited for the rock to show up. But here's hoping!

4 minutes ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

The sheet rock was just delivered...so at this point the contractor has some skin in the game. I'm really feeling giddy about this, kind of immature I guess. Oh well, I'm old...I get to feel anyway I want!

If I were you, I would be dancing a jig.

49 minutes ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

The sheet rock was just delivered...so at this point the contractor has some skin in the game. I'm really feeling giddy about this, kind of immature I guess. Oh well, I'm old...I get to feel anyway I want!

I think when the crew shows up you will feel better,did he say which week was next? :o

Hope it is next week and they send a good crew.

Herb

1 hour ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

I'd bet there will be a serious shortage of it within a couple of months.

Unfortunately I have to agree Fred and not just on the drywall, but all building materials...in fact, I bet the shortage extends for a couple of years or more. I'm not sure those in Texas and Louisiana will know the total extent of damage and loss in two months.:(

On a brighter note, very happy the rock is there...Did any screws, tape or mud show up at the same time?;) Now that's when I'd get giddy...Anyways, hoping for the best here and looking forward to seeing some pics along the way.:)

2 hours ago, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

He said the hanger would be here (maybe) Sunday, and they would try to get the job done next week. On a bittersweet note, I'm kinda glad the rock is already here; I'd bet there will be a serious shortage of it within a couple of months.

I have already been told by our pipe supplier to expect higher prices on PVC pipe and fittings AND shortages. We are scrambling with some generals and owners to secure the pipe we need for a few upcoming projects.

On 8/31/2017 at 6:46 AM, Fred W. Hargis Jr said:

He said the hanger would be here (maybe) Sunday, and they would try to get the job done next week. On a bittersweet note, I'm kinda glad the rock is already here; I'd bet there will be a serious shortage of it within a couple of months.

How right you are...after Katrina US made rock was almost impossible to find for several months. That's when the Chinese Shite-rock showed up. I had friends that settled for, or had contractors that used it for the rebuilds. It had a high sulpher content and corroded every electrical wire, switch and outlet in the house. They had to rip everything back out and re-build the re-built houses. Nobody would make good on the poor quality materials and my friends had to eat the cost(s).