Chest of Drawers: PIP

Chest of Drawers has made it up the stairs, and out of that dusty shop.....needs wiped down.    Spider Colony was evicted....and a small rock was found in on one of the webframes...wondered WHY Drawer #4  wasn't closing all the way.    Waiting on a check to arrive, so I can go out and BUY a few supplies. 

Have a pile of off-cuts, and a few other planks left over...from three projects.   Will try to do an inventory, and "plan" what else I can cobble up...

Good build but here come some questions.  Why use the walnut on the top and why split up the maple with the walnut strip down the middle?  

Why the walnut in the drawer face was the maple too short or the sides too wide?  

I believe it all come down to preference and no offense is intended I am just asking why.  

Like others said I like the exposed dove tails especially with the maple sides really shows them off.

I was amazed to see what a little finish does it really brought the peice to life.