Pootatuck Lion Miter Trimmer

schnewj

11 minutes ago, lew said:

That is one awesome score!

I keep my eye out for these on Craig's List but most of what I've seen are apparently made of gold- judging from the asking prices.

I gave up on Craig's list...you just never see them. I have come across them in my area, but as you observed they think they are gold bearing. They want as much for an original as they do for some  of the modern ones. I can't attest to the quality or lack thereof for the newer ones, but people buy and use them and seem to be happy. I got lucky on this one. It didn't see much use and/or was well cared for. I suspect, that, the blades could do with a good sharpening. I'll have to play with it and see.

15 minutes ago, kmealy said:

Very nice.   Keep your fingers clear.   I've heard you can send the blades back to Pootatuck for sharpening (but that was 20 years ago, so I don't even know if they're still in business)

Nope, apparently they gave up the ghost a couple of decades ago.

1 hour ago, kmealy said:

Very nice.   Keep your fingers clear.   I've heard you can send the blades back to Pootatuck for sharpening (but that was 20 years ago, so I don't even know if they're still in business)

they closed up shop some time back...

it's cake and pie to make a holder/sharpening jig for the blades...

did you ever get one for yurself....

Edited by Stick486

• 2 weeks later...