The Patriot Woodworker - Custom Theme (Resolved))

John Morris

Please help

We have launched a new custom theme for our online community here at The Patriot Woodworker. Would you like to test our new theme and provide feedback and suggestions?

How you can help

It's easy, just scroll all the way down to the bottom of your community here, and click on the drop down menu titled "Theme". Please see screen shot.

theme switcher.JPG

Then choose "The Patriot Woodworker (Custom) theme.

theme chooser.JPG

And that's it! Once you are in the new custom theme, you can always back out of it by visiting the bottom of our community, and look for the "Theme" drop down and choose "The Patriot Woodworker (Light) theme.

Caveats

Please keep in mind, since this is a newly created theme, and un-tested, we may not keep the new custom theme, we reserve the right to change, modify, and or delete the theme completely while you are using it.

That being said, the little testing that has been performed on the custom theme, appears to be pretty solid. We hope it may be a keeper.

Feedback

You can provide feedback (in this topic post) in many ways.

• How do you like the appearance?
  • How do you like the ability to change colors and backgrounds to fit your taste?
  • Are the existing backgrounds and colors easy on the viewer?
  • How do you feel about the text font and size?
  • How do you like the layout?
  • How is the speed of your browsing experience with the custom theme, same, slower, faster?

The questions above are only a few areas where we need your help, we are sure you can think up many more areas to critique, and help us decide how best to proceed.

Thank you Patriot Woodworker's, as always, you have all been very patient with our community and the changes we are undergoing. Please stay patient, and please help us make this community the best on the web.

I would like to thank our theme developer at IP Focus for helping us to get this up and running, IP Focus knows what they are doing when it comes to this. And they cost money! A portion of the last big fundraiser we held at 2017 Patriot Woodworker Community Fundraiser was used to help offset the costs of this new custom theme. Another example of your hard earned money, going in to support improvements in "YOUR ONLINE WOODWORKING COMMUNITY". The improvements you have been seeing within The Patriot Woodworker Community, is a direct result of our collective fundraising efforts.

Thank you folks and:

Happy testing!

13 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

Custom format is great. Much easier to read. 

Thanks.

Your up early,Gene.

John, I thank you for the Black, I am happy now. I like the new backgrounds, especially the wood pile, don't know how to lock it in . Right now I have to change it everytime I log on. The black is automatic when I sign in from the beige before i sign in.

I like the rest of the site just fine.

Herb

15 minutes ago, Dadio said:

Your up early,Gene.

John, I thank you for the Black, I am happy now. I like the new backgrounds, especially the wood pile, don't know how to lock it in . Right now I have to change it everytime I log on. The black is automatic when I sign in from the beige before i sign in.

I like the rest of the site just fine.

Herb

You too, Herb. We need to fix that. Any ideas?

I messed around with the colors and think black is much better than ecru, also.

Took me a while to locate the function buttons for site. One of the unread content buttons is now at the very bottom and the notifications button has moved to the left top and now looks like a globe. And, did we lose the alert of new notifications?

6 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

You too, Herb. We need to fix that. Any ideas?

I messed around with the colors and think black is much better than ecru, also.

Took me a while to locate the function buttons for site. One of the unread content buttons is now at the very bottom and the notifications button has moved to the left top and now looks like a globe. And, did we lose the alert of new notifications?

On mine the "Unread Content" is on the colored bar right below the the magnifying glass and also listed in the "More" button at the top  right.

The "Globe" acts like the old Liberty Bell with the number and the tone on mine.

I like the Gallery better now, in the "More" button".

All in all ,John, you have done good, and spent our money well. A lot of hours must have went into this change to get it right and it shows, thanks to you and the gang.

Herb

In order for your preferences to stick next time you visit, you must have cookies enabled for our community. If you have disabled cookies in your browser, the preferences will not stick or at least have issues sticking. Cookies remembers preferences.

If you have cookies disabled, please enable them and see if that helps.

6 hours ago, John Morris said:

If you have cookies disabled, please enable them and see if that helps

but not carte blanche.. enable them for this site only...

enabling cookies carte blanche can make for issues...

never enable 3rd party cookies permissions either....

Edited by Stick486

3 minutes ago, Dadio said:

My only complaint now is the word "react". To me this is a negative word.  Act is more positive but react is more defensive. To me the "Like"  fit better and still applies to "Like" in different degrees or ways. No biggy, just saying,

Herb

Hey Herb, where is "react" being used at?

Thanks