Shaker-ish spice cabinet

kmealy

4 hours ago, HARO50 said:

Well, that explains my lack of culinary skills. On my last chemistry project, something went "BANG" that shouldn't have! :blush:

John

In HS chemistry, we built a hydrogen generator one day.   The flask had a tube that ended under water and would send out bubbles.   The teacher said, oh watch, if you hold a match at the bubbles, you get a little pop...pop.. pop.   He did this and BANG, the flame backed up the tube to the flask, blew the top off and smashed out the overhead fluorescent lights.    End of lab today, students.

10 hours ago, kmealy said:

In HS chemistry, we built a hydrogen generator one day.   The flask had a tube that ended under water and would send out bubbles.   The teacher said, oh watch, if you hold a match at the bubbles, you get a little pop...pop.. pop.   He did this and BANG, the flame backed up the tube to the flask, blew the top off and smashed out the overhead fluorescent lights.    End of lab today, students.

I'll bet HE doesn't cook any more, either! :lol:

John

1 hour ago, HARO50 said:

I'll bet HE doesn't cook any more, either! :lol:

John

He was also my geometry teacher.  Sadly passed away in 2011.   He was from Greece and the proverbial, "landed in NYC with $38 in his pocket."   Put himself through college and became a teacher, later a principal.  He had some strange expressions due to his learning English.   He always talked about angles in degrees, first minutes and second minutes.  And his way of expressing infinity or infinite series, "I be an old man, writing, writing, writing..." as he walked across the blackboard.