Friday, June 30, 2017, What's on your Patriot Woodworker agenda?

Spending the weekend on Luke AFBs recreation area near  Flagstaff, AZ with my son (retired USAF) and his family.

We'll get home Sunday for 3 days, during which, one of Phyl's SIL and son will be arriving from Mesquite TX. Then Thursday, a drive to PHX to pick up one of Phyl's brothers (Phyl is one of 9 kids) at the airport. Friday, we troop up to Lake Powell where Phyl's sister will be spreading her deceased husband's ashes. We'll also be meeting 3 more of Phyl's siblings and families at Powell.  Gonna be a lot of boats in the water.

Sunday, we all leave the lake and head to the Grand Canyon, where we'll spread another brother's ashes at the point he died....about half way up from the Colorado on the north side. We'll all stay one more night at the lodge and then head back to the mesa and home.

My shop will miss me.

Edited by Gene Howe

Back to cleaning, picking up & reorganizing...seems to never end in a part-time, shared space. Did spend some time yesterday re-purposing some nylon bushings salvaged from an old paper shredder to fit cast wheels on a 750lb engine stand I picked locally off CL; maybe do some garden work tomorrow PM assuming it drys out enough.

@Ron Dudelston...floors look great! Nicely done and great choices.

19 hours ago, steven newman said:

Me thinks I have a desk to work on...

Wood is a bit on the "plain" side, though...

5956ef13dd1ea_grainrevealed.jpg.3959e7055a309788121fed74c9117d23.jpg

A few Yard sales today, and a little clean up of a rough sawn board....S4S

5956ef6d9d0e7_otherface.jpg.496d86d1feaeffc2761d5f3b0c6072ab.jpg

Tis a shame it has no figure....:rolleyes:  maybe later I can find some better wood...

That wood is going to blotch something terrible with that wild grain.   Send it to me and I can use it as secondary wood somewhere.

3 minutes ago, John Moody said:

This past week has been trying to get things finished so we could take off to the Great Smokie Mountains for a week of rest and relaxation. 

I didnt build this but took it and got it all the pieces put together for the retail manager at the indoor range I've been working at. 

IMG_8050.JPG

Then Ron wanted to purchase some maple from me so I made a trip to the barn and got a load of maple and cherry. 

IMG_8051.JPG

Ron not only wanted some maple but wanted it cut into pieces and delivered to him in the mountains. So being the very good and humble friend I got busy and cut it for him. 

IMG_8052.JPG

loaded it in the truck and we along with our wives met Gatlinburg, TN for a week. We are staying in another friend of mines house in Gatlinburg and it is the only house on this part of the mountain that didn't burn on the fire. 

So Ron and I will be checking in but spending some time having fun watching the bears. 

IMG_8054.JPG

Have a great weekend!!!

He is indeed humble but I think he's bluffing on the wood since I haven't yet seen it.  The mountains are beautiful though and you can sure see here the fires went through 

23 minutes ago, John Moody said:

loaded it in the truck and we along with our wives met Gatlinburg, TN for a week.

Our oldest girl just got back from there John, she and her California Baptists Choir and Orchestra performed for the South Eastern Baptist Worship Conference this past Tuesday. Said she had a great time and the music and worship was awesome.

Our kid is in the orchestra on her violin:

5 minutes ago, John Moody said:

I'm still waiting on Ron to unload the lumber from my truck and put it in his. 

IMG_8055.JPG

Here are a couple of pictures of the local bear that visits regular. 

IMG_8057.JPG

IMG_8058.JPG

I'll have to keep an eye on Ron so they don't drag him off. 

Now look at that picture and tell me which one the bear will

grab.   A scrawny 160

pound old man or a tender plump, succulent younger guy.  

1 hour ago, Ron Dudelston said:

Now look at that picture and tell me which one the bear will

grab.   A scrawny 160

pound old man or a tender plump, succulent younger guy.

:lol::D:lol:

2 hours ago, John Moody said:

I'll have to keep an eye on Ron so they don't drag him off.

Well if all, ya'll go out to eat in Gatlinburg, Calhoun's is always a great choice! We "detoured" more than once through Gatlinburg on our way back from Charleston/Savannah just to eat there.:P

You can't stay in Gatlinburg a week and not take a couple trips around the Roaring Forks Motor Trail and maybe at least one journey to Cade's Cove...both part of the heart and essence of the Great Smokey Mountains.

Enjoy your time...no greater place to kick back and R&R than the Great Smokey's...

As for the bear, well, get him a couple boxes of donuts...that'll keep him happy!:D:lol::D

Mornin’, 
Finally found a signal up here. Staying at in a cabin south of Flagstaff, AZ. Had to walk to the top of a hill to find a wifi my kindle likes. 
Taking the grandkids zip lining after breakfast. Dunno the agenda for the PM. Phyl and I are just along for the ride.
Headed back to the mesa tomorrow. Have guests arriving Tuesday. No shop time for a while.