I am going to secure the floating cabinet to the wall studs, mount the sink top, and plumb it so it's useful for the family. Then I'll make the drawers, since they are drawers, I wasn't sure how the boxes were going to fit around the plumbing without installing the base first and plumbing it. Just thinking about making the drawers without seeing the plumbing in first, made my brain hurt. I'll be able to pull some accurate measurements for the drawers once it's plumbed.

Progress shots, installed, secured, just gotta pull my temp supports (paint cans) out. 

LOML and I heading back to the store now to pick up a 4" on center faucet, the faucet we originally picked out was 6" on center. The holes are pre drilled at 4" oc. Yeegads!

IMG_20170624_122439297.jpg

IMG_20170624_122429022.jpg

1 hour ago, lew said:

I wondered if it will rack at that front corner

I had my 12 year old son sit on the front corner, all is well! He weighs about 90 lbs. I told the kids not to in the future, but this was just a test, and only a test. I got that cabinet screwed, blued and tattoo'd to that wall, if it does start to show signs of pulling away, I can set a leg in the center right and that should take care of it, and I can still keep the floating look about it.

16 minutes ago, Stick486 said:

we will know...

Arrgh! Yes we will Stick!

You know I typically build casework all around as if every angle is exposed, whether it is or not, I build it finished out, in, under and inside out, I can be too much of a perfectionist much of the time. Stick, I really had to struggle to make that statement, "Nobody will see it". That went against my grain.:lol: But what you all don't know about this simple project, it changed designs three times during the build, I done had it, and it had to get done. Women!