Hi Steve,

Nice to know you. Have a good day !

Your review of Drill is really appreciable.

I am doing Drill machine work regularly for my Furniture Business. Drill is more useful tools for personal work, woodwork and Home improvement.

If you think you need to know bit more for drilling work and activities please go to my Tools Inside for your ref. 

Thanks once for your interested with Drill machine.

Regards

Michael

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We went camping a few weeks ago.   The second night, a full-time RVer pulled in next to us.  A while later, he swings by and says, "I don't usually talk politics, but..."   Two hours later, after mostly nodding my head and grunting, um-huh, I excused myself.

He was a union leader from the west coast, for the pipefitters/boilermakers on ships.  His attitude toward unions and the companies that hire unionized workers was shocking to me, never having been around unions much.  He claimed a giant victory because the union did not go on strike, but caused so many problems for their employer that they went out of business in a couple of years.   So how was that a victory, no less a win-win situation?

1 hour ago, kmealy said:

We went camping a few weeks ago.   The second night, a full-time RVer pulled in next to us.  A while later, he swings by and says, "I don't usually talk politics, but..."   Two hours later, after mostly nodding my head and grunting, um-huh, I excused myself.

He was a union leader from the west coast, for the pipefitters/boilermakers on ships.  His attitude toward unions and the companies that hire unionized workers was shocking to me, never having been around unions much.  He claimed a giant victory because the union did not go on strike, but caused so many problems for their employer that they went out of business in a couple of years.   So how was that a victory, no less a win-win situation?

I have been in the Carpenters Union for 52 yrs. and have to say the Pipefitters are a breed of their own.

Herb

I like Aldi a lot for groceries.  The two nearest to where I shop are on the smaller version so they don't have the drills or much else hardware wise.

But I'm wondering, HD offers the Ridgid 12V Drill/driver + Impact driver kit with two batteries and charger, and lifetime service on batteries (and other parts such as switches), sometimes for $99.   For an extra $40 (assuming $30 for the drill and $30 for the impact), I think I'd opt for that if I needed both driver and impact.

I worked two summers for a landscape construction and maintenance co. while in college.  Between the first and second years, they, under duress, became a Teamsters union shop.  As it turned out, Teamsters were damaging their new construction jobs in progress, killing plants, driving through the work, etc..  So the second year, it cost me to get in, cost me to get out and cost me every paycheck.  So I ended up working most of a week for them.   They may have done something for the permanent employees, but for us summer only help, squat - we were paid much less than the guys we were working right next to doing the same work. 

Edited by kmealy

3 hours ago, kmealy said:

He claimed a giant victory because the union did not go on strike, but caused so many problems for their employer that they went out of business in a couple of years.   So how was that a victory, no less a win-win situation?

What were the alleged problems ?

7 minutes ago, CharlieL said:

What were the alleged problems ?

Well, from what I heard, they lowered the wages.   The workers slowed work, did poor work, filed complaint after complaint, sat there waiting to be told exactly what to do, though they knew how and what needed to be done..   The ship that was in and supposed to be a 6 month rehab was not done after two years, so the owner pulled it out and took it to anther port.

1 hour ago, Dadio said:

The Teamsters were another breed of their own, I remember that era you talk about they were organizing every one and anyone.

Herb

Yep, they tried to get into the company that my dad worked for at the time.  They kept voting them down, but not for lack of trying.  (1960s)

53 minutes ago, kmealy said:

Yep, they tried to get into the company that my dad worked for at the time.  They kept voting them down, but not for lack of trying.  (1960s)

Some where about that time Dave Beck Our regional Teamster Boss was convicted and sent to prison and shortly after Jimmy Hoffa the national Boss was convicted.. They have had their problems.

Herb