Good Monday Morning Patriot Woodworkers! June 5, 2017

Good morning to all of you Patriot Woodworkers.  It is a beautiful day in east central Indiana.  Low humidity, high today around 80 so it should be a great day to be in the shop building stock for summer shows.  While skimming the local news site, I ran across this picture that gave me a chuckle.  It looks like this dilligent mower is in immediate danger fbut hthe article said that the tornado really wasn't close and was headed away from them.  None the less......

TornadoMowerFIXED.jpg

Let's hope your week isn't this exciting.

So, what do y'all have going this week?

Those Canadians are tough.

This is "Shop Cleaning Week"    Got some organized yesterday and plan to do a bit more.   Daugher and two of her kids and hubby are passing through Ohio for a wedding, so we're headed up to Lake Erie to seem at another daughter's house. 

3 hours ago, kmealy said:

Those Canadians are tough.

This is "Shop Cleaning Week"    Got some organized yesterday and plan to do a bit more.   Daugher and two of her kids and hubby are passing through Ohio for a wedding, so we're headed up to Lake Erie to seem at another daughter's house

LOL, Keith - is this like hiding in the bushes hoping you won't be seen?

I continue to work on my 2017 project - the upstairs remodel.  I "think" I have the two bedrooms ready for paint - but SWMBO cannot decide on colors.  We have tried four different color combos so far, without liking any of them!  She is out of town this week, so I might go ahead and prime, but painting remains in limbo.

On to the hall this week.  I plan to install a couple recessed 4" fixtures, add crown moulding and simple board and batten type of wainscoting.  I will do the laminated flooring when I do the bedrooms, towards the end of the entire project.  Then on to the full bath when the hallway is ready for paint & flooring.

Took the weekend off and we drove over to Charleston, SC for the weekend to visit our son.  Had the best darned cut of meat I have ever tasted at Lewis BBQ in Charleston.   Beef brisket.   Should any of you get near there, I cannot recommend it enough!

Cal

IMG_0794.JPG

IMG_0793.JPG

Edited by clhyer

51 minutes ago, steven newman said:

Today is recover from the concussion day,  and a strained neck.....left a dent in the wood, too.  

Have doors to get made.    IF I can get a couple boards.   The mitre box is sitting on the table, right now, trying to tear it down for cleaning and paint.   may have to drag the Dremel out, and fire it up...

Head hurts.....

Sorry your head hurts, hope it gets better soon (and remember, today IS Monday)