Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, Waxing Moon said:

Yes, I use a Forrest Woodworker II #1 grind for my 1/8" spline work..It produces a flat bottom kerf.  

Thanks!

That's just the cat's meow. Thanks for the great photos. The construction of the jig seems fairly straight forward and, I can see how it's used to create the splines. But, I'm a bit fuzzy on the alignment procedures. 

If you have the time and the inclination, could you maybe walk us through a couple cuts?  I just don't have the necessary visualization aptitude. 

Thanks for showing us this neat device.

11 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

That's just the cat's meow. Thanks for the great photos. The construction of the jig seems fairly straight forward and, I can see how it's used to create the splines. But, I'm a bit fuzzy on the alignment procedures. 

If you have the time and the inclination, could you maybe walk us through a couple cuts?  I just don't have the necessary visualization aptitude. 

Thanks for showing us this neat device.

+1 on this. Great jig. Lots of questions, but let's start with a walk-through of the operations and set-ups, which will probably answer most of those.That is if you have the time, Edward.

Trying to figure out all the features of this.   Here's my guess:

- the rulers tell you distance to center (?) of cut for various blade widths.

- you set the stop block for the required distance for the widest insert 

- for multiple splines like shown, you cut the widest one first, then insert the spline, let it set up*

- change the stop setting to the next narrowest one, change blades

- repeat the fill and cut as needed/desired

* you have to reset the distance because one side of every blade will be flush against the arbor stop.

Do I get at least a B ?

Basically, you simply line up the stop block that is mounted on the slide to the measurement on the ruler.  Lock it down with the wing nut, and if you have a large box you can lock down the box with the toggle clamp....  but, i don't use the toggle clamp very often.  Nice to have if needed.

Different rules as different size blades index differently. 

Quite simple to use and very stable and accurate. 

8 minutes ago, Waxing Moon said:

Blade indexes on the left side of the kerf.  Otherwise, you got it.

Then you have a left tilt.   Some saws are right tilt.

Many thanks for everyone's explanations. These posts are invaluable. They've been saved. When I get the jig built, I may revisit you guys for more help. Ya'll are great.