Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

The Patriot Woodworkers with Operation Ward 57 Adopt a Wounded Warrior Family for the Holidays - 2019 project is live, please click on link to view our very special annual project.

Rate this topic

In today's Email.....Paul  Sellers was doing a review of a new drill from Aldi's.....18v Lithium ion.    Seemed very pleased with it.    Cost him about 24 pounds ( English money).   Seems to think it will do the same as his DeWalt 18v.    Seem to be about the same size. 

I guess I will have to keep a eye out  around this side of the "pond" and see what they look like.

Just a heads up...

Since moving, I'm liking Aldi's more and more.  Our local Kroger is a "marketplace" meaning they have small appliances, clothing, patio furniture, and who knows what else.   I hate having to walk a quarter mile to pick up a bag of apples, a gallon milk, and a prescription, all in opposite corners of the store.  In and out of Aldi's in 5 minutes -- and I can find stuff there instead of looking bewildered wondering if that tomato sauce is in canned foods, Hispanic foods, or canned vegetable aisles.  Then having to decide among the 30 choices.

I like Aldi's. I'm told they pay well and treat their employees with respect. Can't honestly say I've ever purchased a tool from them. I have purchased shelf units before, several of them in fact. A month or so back wife brought home two filet's from Aldi's. They were excellent.

Steve

2 hours ago, clhyer said:

That settles it, I am just going to have to go to Aldi's and look around!

Cal

Just make sure you take your wife with ya' Cal...she'll keep you straight and make sure you don't buy silly stuff like bread, milk and eggs:rolleyes:;)

I have not bought any house-brand tools at Menards.   But they do carry some of the major brands that I'd buy.   If you are lucky, you can find them when they switch brands and get the old brand at the clearance rack.  Bought a few good router bits that way.