Friday, May 5, 2017, What's on your Patriot Woodworker Agenda?

Building two more track saws. Well, the track parts, anyway. 16 inchers for crosscuts and, mainly to cut the ends of the gun case lid.

One will fit a wee little Skil 5 1/2". The other for the Skil 77 worm drive.  

Tomorrow, the lid gets separated. Then build a hinge mortising jig and install the hinges. 

8 minutes ago, Grandpadave52 said:

@Dadio....Herb those turned out spectacular. Each one has it's own unique character. As Gene mentioned, as if the wooden hinges alone weren't something to behold.

@Ron Dudelston...Well you made it finally...sorta'...looks like they're gonna' be with you a while since the weather forecast remains bleak. :(

For me right this moment, killing time until about 1 AM (EST). Grand-daughter is on her way back from Cincinnati and Kings Island with her Middle School show choir team...Her third and final year with this group. They performed at KI this year in addition to the contest. Also completed 3 consecutive years of Superior Ratings...first for her school. Apparently she was able to carve out some time between rains and performances to ride all the roller coasters today too:lol:...Will be a quite ride for the bus driver...I always enjoy shining my headlights at the kids when they disembark...resembles watching an episode of "The Walking Dead!":rolleyes::o Tomorrow will be shuttling her sister for a tennis invitational.

The antibiotic seems to have done it's job so if the weather holds the remainder of the weekend...one project period...Mowing.

Congrats to that young lady! 

With all the rains you guys been getting, ya might need a wind row rake and baler.

9 minutes ago, Gene Howe said:

Congrats to that young lady! 

With all the rains you guys been getting, ya might need a wind row rake and baler.

Thanks...she loves to sing, dance & perform (and think up 1000 ways to agitate her older sister:rolleyes:)...quite a change from the shy little girl we first met.

As for the yard...yep...first order is to get it dry enough where it's not like walking on a big sponge...worse start to a spring mowing season I think I've ever experienced.:angry: