Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Fred W. Hargis Jr

I got this email today from Pop WWing and

Rate this topic

it had a link to something called BoomerOP. Apparently this is an opportunity to make money (?). I didn't do more than a glance, but I think it's an internet arrangement to rent your tools to others. BoomerOp insures your tools from damage, and also the liability of renting them to others. Frankly, there's not enough ways to say "no" to this, at least for me. Would anyone consider such an arrangement?

Edited by Ron Dudelston
tags added

Would be quite the hassle even if you wanted to rent the tools.  People coming and going and paper work etc.-etc.-etc.  Think of all the people that would then know where you lived when they are down on their luck and looking for some tools to take to the Pawn Shop.

Went to the link, it's either a scam website or they are shooting you to a website that you could own in order to rent your tools, don't know. But just going through the site, every link takes you to the B&D Portable Drill/Driver. Most links don't even work, and the text is all dummy text, or "Lorem Ipsum" text which is just place holder text until actual content is placed. In other words the website is non-functional.

Not many but most times I've lent tools they come back damaged.  No more.

Possible outcomes

- They didn't know they damaged the tool

- They know they damaged the tool and didn't say anything and let you discover it

- They know they damaged the tool because "it was ready to break"

- They know they damaged the tool because "it didn't work right"

- They know they damaged the tool and resent that they have to pay to repair or replace it

- They don't return it at all (or after years)

- They return it in good or better condition - yeah, right

Edited by kmealy