Did y'all see this ? ? ? ? ?

Nope, not interested to participate nor likely watch. While I'm (try to be anyways) as much of a jokester as the next, I draw the line when it comes to any type of power tools or machinery...ALWAYS have!

I realize this thing will be completely scripted (reality???), but pushing someone to compete/complete faster than someone else establishes a level of acceptance which can cause someone harm or injury...

Horseplay & machinery = recipe for disaster in "real life"

Thanks Fred...I know ya' was just funnin' with us!!:P Edit add...I don't care much for Amy Poehler anyways

Edited by Grandpadave52

6 hours ago, HandyDan said:

I would like to see them visit an artist each week and follow through on his process of making his specialty.  That's reality.

Yep...kinda' like A Craftsman Legacy on PBS? I find myself watching some of those even when they're making things I have no interest what-so-ever but still find the art very interesting.

11 hours ago, HandyDan said:

I would like to see them visit an artist each week and follow through on his process of making his specialty.  That's reality.

Gotcha covered on this one - NOT the famous ones though - have folks apply and then pick some of us little guys - kind of a "visit" to their shops - 

32 minutes ago, Fred Wilson said:

Gotcha covered on this one - NOT the famous ones though - have folks apply and then pick some of us little guys - kind of a "visit" to their shops - 

Maybe a YouTube series? Maybe someone with a little video expertise and the time and $ to travel. Call it Patriot Craftsmen...or something equally catchy.:D

Who knows, might lead to great things.

3 hours ago, Fred Wilson said:

Looks like by reading the article they are going after the regular guy or gal, not high profile professionals, kind of like "Crafts in America" episodes (my favorite) by PBS. Knowing what I know of Nck Offerman and following his blog and newsletter, he's a pretty independent guy, he's not a big fan of mainstream anything, I bet if he has anything to say about this show, they'll be going after some pretty neat folks working out of garages and back yards, and one man studio's.
This could be a really interesting show. I love American Crafts, period, from woodworking to quilting, I love our culture in art and crafts, and if they are going to high light our American culture in arts and crafts in a manner I think they will, I'll watch it, plus Nick Offerman is a hoot, funny guy.

APPLY NOW!