Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
John Moody

Friday, April 28, 2017, What's on your Patriot Woodworker Agenda?

Rate this topic

Completed session #6 of PT today. I see the surgeon on the 3rd for a follow-up visit, continue with PT next week. Took off the walking boot and now I am walking in a brace. Still no "un-supported" weight bearing on the foot till I  hear from the doctor.

This weekend, I have a bunch of bottles/cans to return for refund - Oregon raised the bottle return from $0.05 to $0.10 so even bottles that I paid a nickel on, I get a dime back :P (take that politicians)

Oh yeah, I plan to be in the shop this weekend - finish painting my router table cabinet and get that under the router table. Not sure what else, but I will be in there doing some stuff, even if it is wrong!

1 minute ago, p_toad said:

I swear I thought that was the end of a darning egg (as if people know what those are any more :o )

I know huh! I have actually made a couple of those a few years ago :)

3 hours ago, Charles Nicholls said:

Daily routine here anymore, is to try and keep the squirrels from digging in the garden. I haven't touched the lathe pretty much since I moved into the new apartment. For this weekend though, I'll be finishing up an old bottle stopper head that I have to put a finish on. Then I think I will try and get a mini birdhouse finished that's been sitting unfinished for the better part of a year. I also need to check back with the doc this week about a test I had done yesterday. Apparently, my throat problem is still ongoing and it's going to take more surgery to correct. They say there is a stricture that is not allowing food to pass normally, so it's getting caught in the throat.

Good to see you posting again Charles...been missing you!! Well for the garden/ squirrel problem...get a dog:P...of course the dogs have a tendency to "mine" garden territory too.:D

Happy to hear you're getting some turning in...missed seeing those too.

Wishing you the best of outcomes from your recent doctor visit. Be careful while eating until they can get the issue improved or resolved.

After some errands today got around to a little project that has been on the back burner for a while. Counting lights I have 6 outlets in use at my lathe. They were connected to an  octopus like extension. Today I bought 3 outlets and boxes. Mounted the boxes on a board and wired the cord I had made years ago from #12 wire and then mounted this to the accessory rack in front of my lathe. This will give me more cord available for moving the sanders.

3 hours ago, Gene Howe said:

Sunday, is going to be a day of rest. Prop the leg up and binge out on Netflix.

Longmire or The Ranch is a good way to spent the day

Took the wife out for DQ Friday night.   Saturday morning help the acting company deconstruct the latest set and do general "shop organization."    Did a repair job a hutch door for Restoration Hardware.    Just got back home and got a swarm call for honeybees.   45 minutes away, but sounded like a nice-sized swarm and I wanted to start a second colony.   Got them home and installed.   Tomorrow is pot-luck lunch at church, then I'll probably sand 3d coat of varnish and put on 4th on the A&C dresser I'm working on.   It's really taken a back seat to other seasonal and deadline-based projects.