Friday, April 7, 2017, What's on your Patriot Woodworker Agenda

Got my package of honeybees installed Wednesday, just before the storms hit.  They get nasty in nasty weather.   In prep for upcoming weeks, I'm fixing up some more of the frames and boxes (aka woodenware) for adding on.   Weather permitting, I'll get back in tomorrow to check on them, plant some trees in the back 40 and plant the strawberry plants that I've heeled in.   Sunday get to go see the play that two grand-daughters are in that I've been helping with the set / props for the last few weeks.

Cal, that's really neat. A great day you had. 

Hope the new mud took hold and the texturing goes smoothly. No pun intended.

The RO around AZ can get pretty big. But the trunks are usually small with branches starting low. Un pruned, they're just huge bushes. Like you, I've not seen any that would yield the size of lumber my brother says he has. 

Edited by Gene Howe

On 4/7/2017 at 1:18 PM, Chips N Dust said:

I graduate from 2 crutches to 1 crutch later today. I will be practicing with 1 tomorrow so I won't break my neck. It took a little bit to want to put weight on the foot after going 6 weeks protecting it from any weight whatsoever.

Maybe go out to the shop and say "Hi" too.

On 4/9/2017 at 8:22 AM, clhyer said:

On Saturday I took a break from it all, picked up my brother in law and went to a car show.  Brought home a pretty cool best in class trophy, and had a brief visit with a former Commander in Chief.

Wow...didn't know he was a "car guy" too. Respectfully I wasn't all that fond of him as POTUS, but admire him for his deep service to Habitat for Humanity. Great to see he's out and about and has his cancer under remission too. I have toured his library a couple of times just the same.

Nice to see the weather cooperating for you and hitting car shows already too. Congrats on "Best in Class." Those old Mopars are cool... :PSorry to hear of the mud/paint quandary. Perplexing.