laser replacement

Gerald

The laser on my Ron Brown rig has stopped working bright enough to see. Looking for a replacement pen (about 0.4 inch) or a good laser diode. I looked on Amazon and found lots of diodes which I now have narrowed to 3 possible.

1.Question is what do you have?

2.Where can I get it?

3.Would you recommend it?

51 minutes ago, Gerald said:

Lew did it have an on/off switch or just a on push button (have to hold on).?

It was a push button/hold on. I tore it all apart to see if it could be used for turning applications but haven't had a chance to modify it with a switch and external power source.

I suppose a clip could be fashioned to hold the power button in the on position during use.

The laser pointer that comes with the McNaughton is one that needs the button held on. They ship an elastic band to hold the button in. Seemed kind of a cheap way to do it but it seems to work ok.

One of guys in my club ordered a bunch of these and the guys that have them seem to think they work just fine.

red dot laser

They also sell this little mount which looks like it could be pretty handy.

laser module holder

Steve

The one I bought from Walmart was around $5. I think it was advertized as a "Pet Chaser". It use3 3 small batteries. I figured I could use a 5v dc power source from an old electronics piece and hard wire it into the circuit. If I did that, I could eliminate the power switch and just unplug it when not needed.

44 minutes ago, Gerald said:

Talked to a buddy and he uses castration rings or bands from Coop. I looked and they only sell the whole bag now and not individual at our coop. But they will work if you are looking for a lot of them

They're great for holding any thing you want to bundle.