Multi Radius Router Bit.

5 hours ago, lew said:

Nice!

Years ago I bought a larger, similar version (saw Norm use it). Maybe mine was faulty or something because it vibrated so severely, I could never you it. It may be my router- single speed PC 620. ANyway, it looks pretty in the bit cabinet :(

That scares me when a bit vibrates. I would suggest to try it in a different router and see,Just flip the switch on and off fast.

Is it an Infinity bit?  I am sure they would replace it if it is defective. I found they are a heads up supplier.

5 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Thanks for the information and review Herb. Looks like it does a very nice, clean, smooth job. Did it come with the (3) bearings shown?

BTW, if that router table comes up missing some night between 2 and 4 AM, I know nuthin'! :rolleyes::ph34r: Just sayin' :D:lol:

Just follow the donut crumbs.  :lol::o

6 hours ago, Grandpadave52 said:

Thanks for the information and review Herb. Looks like it does a very nice, clean, smooth job. Did it come with the (3) bearings shown?

BTW, if that router table comes up missing some night between 2 and 4 AM, I know nuthin'! :rolleyes::ph34r: Just sayin' :D:lol:

7 minutes ago, p_toad said:

Just follow the donut crumbs.  :lol::o

Yes the bearings came with it. No allen wrench though, But I have a dozen of them ,so no problem there.

On another forum a person went to order one and they are out of stock already, I ordered mine on 3/11/2017. I checked to make sure and sure enough.

hope it isn't a one time deal.

https://www.infinitytools.com/blog/2017/03/09/multipurpose-multi-radius-router-bit-is-multitasking/

https://www.infinitytools.com/routing/router-bits/carbide/edge-making-router-bits/multi-radius-router-bits-4478

Sure looks like they will be in stock by 5?19 2017.

Herb

• 4 months later...

I bought a multiprofile bit years ago and did crown moulding for my entertainment center. It takes a larger router to swing these large profile bits. I do not remember how many profiles the bit has but it is considerable . It would vibrate if you did not tighten well and put the whole shaft into the router. this one is very similar. I had it loosen my collet once and boy did it give me a scare, sounded like the router was coming out of the table.

https://www.infinitytools.com/multi-profile-router-bits

• 1 month later...